Standard Directv Receivers (D12) and Vonage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eldondee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hello,

I recently got vonage and noticed that my D12 receivers are unable to successfully connect with Directv. In the calls log I see that the receiver is indeed making the daily calls to 2 toll free numbers, however when I called DTV tech support they are saying that the calls arn't succesful. They walked my throught the process of adding *99 Prefix in the receivers but nothing seems to change.

I contacted vonage which ran tests to diagnos call quality and other stuff but no luck. The techs at vonage even have me disable call waiting but to no avail.

I did a thorough research online and saw many posts with different sol.utions but all those seems to be directed at tivos/dvrs. I tried them however with no luck.

Can anyone help?

PS I tried several variations of the dial out prfixes which includes:
..*99
,*99,

and many others were tried.

Does it really matter all that much if they can't call out? D* doesn't care, & other than loosing onscreen caller ID, the only other thing you loose is remote control PPV ordering - but you can order it for free online & it goes to ALL your receivers at once.

Yes, I agree. Thanks But I am the type who wants to have everything working the way it is supposed to. I kmow of people who have no problems getting this to work. What can my problem be.

Going way back, I had trouble with early Hughes receivers if there were any telephone voice messages waiting. The receiver would check for a solid dial tone, detect beep-beep-beep-beep-beep, and determine it to be "no dail tone".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)