Standby?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Every time I use the power on button I get the message that my Hopper will go into standby in 5 minutes. I mean every time. I can turn it off for 30 secs and will get the same message. Is there anyway on the Hopper 3 to turn this off? It’s set to turn on and go to the last channel watched but I can’t see it until I press the select button on the remote. Running U526 but it was doing it prior on 525. Thanks

Every time I use the power on button I get the message that my Hopper will go into standby in 5 minutes. I mean every time. I can turn it off for 30 secs and will get the same message. Is there anyway on the Hopper 3 to turn this off? It’s set to turn on and go to the last channel watched but I can’t see it until I press the select button on the remote. Running U526 but it was doing it prior on 525. Thanks
Have you performed a pull the chord reset?

This is how they behave with a 54.0 remote. You can press the power button on the front panel to go on and off immediately but the only way to have them turn off immediately with a remote is to use a remote other than the 54.0.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This is how they behave with a 54.0 remote. You can press the power button on the front panel to go on and off immediately but the only way to have them turn off immediately with a remote is to use a remote other than the 54.0.
If he's got a 54.0 remote then ask it to turn off then switch to turn the TV and manually turn it off. That's the way I turn my Hopper2/sling off.

It does on mine.

Not wanting to argue but I am quite curious, how do you bypass the 5 minute standby with a 54.0 remote? I've never tried with a HWS but on a Hopper 3 I've tried and can't find a way.

Turning off the TV separately doesn't do it. :)

First of all, thanks to everyone for the input.

I do have the 54 remote but I surely don’t have any loyalty to it. It’s just what came with my H3.

Is there another inexpensive remote out there that will turn the H3 and my sound bar on/off simultaneously that has the same functionality? Doesn’t need the voice function since I never use it anyway. Thanks again.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
First of all, thanks to everyone for the input.

I do have the 54 remote but I surely don’t have any loyalty to it. It’s just what came with my H3.

Is there another inexpensive remote out there that will turn the H3 and my sound bar on/off simultaneously that has the same functionality? Doesn’t need the voice function since I never use it anyway. Thanks again.
52 Remote

Reactions: Howard Simmons
It saves the buffer in your receiver for that five minutes in case you turned it off by mistake.
It also gives you chance to pause a recording in one room, shut down the TV, etc and pick it up in another room. It used to be that if you were going to move to another room and you turned the receiver off, you lost the ability to pick up where left off

I was inquiring about what's the problem turning off 5 minutes later, power ratings and such
I have no issue with it on standby myself.

To find another remote with a power button seemed strange, if that was the only reason for a switch

And how in the world do I get the 54.0 remote to put the H3 into standby WITHOUT the TV also automatically commanded to power down? There are many times when I want to put H3 in standby but keep the TV on so I can switch AVR inputs to a streming device or other drvices for hours of viewing. I am not a fan of turning off and on modern flat panel TVs (electronics) within a short period such as a few seconds.

It also gives you chance to pause a recording in one room, shut down the TV, etc and pick it up in another room. It used to be that if you were going to move to another room and you turned the receiver off, you lost the ability to pick up where left off
Thanks for the explanations of 5 minute countdown. Both reasons you provided are great solutions to those common problems, of which I've personally experienced. I presume these features work at both DVR and clients?

Thanks for the explanations of 5 minute countdown. Both reasons you provided are great solutions to those common problems, of which I've personally experienced. I presume these features work at both DVR and clients?
Yes sir. Works the same at all the receivers

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts