Standoff, does it have enough to Stand?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Seriously, I think this will be the first new show to drop out of the Fox New Fall Line up. :D What a terrible show?:D

I'm sorry, when I see Ron Livingston all I can think of is him in Office Space. :D

I started watching it, but stopped when my wife came home. She wasn't interested. So the jury is still out for me.

BUT yes, I was having a hard time getting past the Office Spaces thing. Especially since we just watched it yesterday :)

The quality (OTA) of the picture and sound was fantastic, but after watching the show for about 10 minutes I lost interest. It's hard to explain, I just got bored with the show. I can't really tell you why!

I finished watching it; and actually liked it.

I thought the opening sequence was well done.

And I enjoyed watching the girl. Never seen that actress before. :)

I will watch it again.

Seems a little too "disney". We'll see how they handle future hostage negotiations. If every one is a poor misunderstood kidnapper who's mommy doesn't love him I'm out.

NOHDjunkie said:
Seems a little too "disney". We'll see how they handle future hostage negotiations. If every one is a poor misunderstood kidnapper who's mommy doesn't love him I'm out.

Well.. there is an episode tonight, so we will see how it compares with last week. I didn't think last week's episode was that bad.

BFG said:
wow on tonights episode a plane is hijacked

nice timing...

Uh... not quite. The ATC Center was taken hostage; the planes just had to go into holding patterns. Air traffic controller who went nuts, after he thought he was responsible for a crash.

I thought the episode was ok; not as good as last week's. But I'll give it another week to see where it goes from here. Next week is a hostage taking involving the asian mob.

I thought it was good yet the ending lacked.

We never actually figured out what the guy was doing who was talking to his wife and then threw his cell phone away.

Was the guy who held everyone hostage in the Air Traffic Control center a criminal or a hero?

I think the show is sort of a ripoff of NCIS though.

I thought it was a pretty good show, but not one that I would watch regularly. Negotiations (hostage or otherwise) doesn't seem exciting enough to maintain a show for 13 episodes, let alone for a 100 episodes. How often are they going to be able to offer themselves up as a hostage before it gets reaaaaally dull?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I thought it was good yet the ending lacked.

We never actually figured out what the guy was doing who was talking to his wife and then threw his cell phone away.

Was the guy who held everyone hostage in the Air Traffic Control center a criminal or a hero?

I think the show is sort of a ripoff of NCIS though.

Oh, I am sure he got to go to jail; he shot a guard, AND put thousands of lives at risk. Maybe he got to go to a room with padded walls :D

I found myself watching parts of this show both weeks since I am a House fan (the only other drama show I watch). I was about to turn it off but got caught-up in the TRACON activities, of interest to me as a pilot. I also think Rosemarie DeWitt is good looking...

Tonight's episode was good; it was creative, with the mob connection. I think they are showing a good deal of creativity so far.

And I like Rosemarie DeWitt more and more :D (BTW, she is the grand-daughter of Jimmy Braddock, the "Cinderella Man." Call that for strange trivia, thanks to IMDB.

riffjim4069 said:
Sorry, but I'm just not liking this show...:down

I do not think you are alone. Maybe the first one to go...

Unfortunately for Fox, the momentum stopped there with week three of lead-out Standoff sinking to a series-low (and fourth-place) 6.0/ 9 in the overnights, 7.91 million viewers and a 3.3/ 8 among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. Retention for Standoff out of House was just 61 percent in the overnights, 59 percent in total viewers and 57 percent among adults 18-49….

I'm still watching it and I still think it's good.

Dude just got sniped on live TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts