Star Choice Adds Drive-In Classics and SexTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Star Choice's satellite TV service is adding to its channel line-up, with Drive-In Classics (channel 586) and SexTV: The Channel (channel 585) now available on a free preview basis until the end of June.

As of June 1st, Star Choice will also launch a programming service bundle called INTENSE TV, including The Fight Network, SexTV: The Channel, Drive-In Classics, Spike TV and Much Music. Star Choice customers will also be able to choosw from 19 bundles of channels, including INTENSE TV. Following the free preview, Drive-In Classics and SexTV will be available as pick n' pay channels, the satellite TV provider describes.

Along with these new channel launches, Star Choice will also extend the free preview of The Fight Network (channel 402) until May 31st, 2006.

"Star Choice is proud to provide our more than 860,000 customers with a strong line-up of new and expanded channels that creates the industry's best digital television viewing experience," said Jim Cummins, Vice-President of National Operations for Star Choice, in a release.

"In the past few months, we've added terrific new channels such as Turner Classic Movies, The Fight Network, NFL Network, Prise 2, Cinepop, and several new HD services. We hope that by adding these channels and focusing on delivering great customer service, our customers understand that we are truly dedicated to providing them with the country's best digital television experience. With high definition channels at no additional cost and 100% all-digital quality channels, Star Choice is the right choice for satellite TV in Canada," added Mr. Cummins.

Star Choice has launched more than 25 channels in the last 20 months.

About Drive-In Classics (Channel 586): Drive-In Classics is a movie channel that celebrates the funny, entertaining and sometimes provocative drive-in movies of the '50s, '60s and '70s. Drive-In Classics puts the emphasis back on fun, delivering a wide array of feature films that are guaranteed to please all sorts of movie watchers. It's fun in the sun, bikinis on the beach, action on the drag strip and monsters on the loose.

About SexTV: The Channel (Channel 585): SexTV: The Channel is an entertaining and provocative channel that explores sexuality in all its diversity, encompassing everything from physiology to fashion, language to lifestyle, eros to erudition. SexTV:The Channel approaches sexuality as a topic to explore in a respectful, clever and wholly entertaining way.

Star Choice Communications Inc., a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc. (TSE:SJR.B, NYSE:SJR), is a leading Canadian provider of crystal-clear digital picture and Dolby surround sound audio and video Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite services. Star Choice delivers one of Canada's largest channel selections to more than 860,000 subscribers.

http://www.cablecastermagazine.com/issues/ISArticle.asp?id=55892&issue=05112006

Along with these new channel launches, Star Choice will also extend the free preview of The Fight Network (channel 402) until May 31st, 2006.
they goofed. Its channel 404

Channel 402 is a mirror of 299, which is the SC preview channel

Well, Drive-In was the only channel I missed from EV. I think that *C truly has a better standard definition lineup. Too bad the 530 sucks! So bad I went back to EV.

Iceberg said:
Fight Network is one of my favourite channels :D

I enjoy TFN myself, we are looking into acquiring another area and if all goes well, TFN, Fox News, Sportsman and maybe one or two more will come on line quickly.

I enjoyed Drive-In Classics on EV but I won't be subscribing on SC because of its bundle. There just isn't anything else in it that interests me. :(