Star Choice using WaveFrontier T-90

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm not sure I understand the diagram. See if I got this right: one of the outputs from the SW64 goes into one of the inputs on the SW21. One line from the 129W dual LNBF goes into the other input on the SW21. The output from the SW21 goes to a receiver. The second line from the 129W dual LNBF is not used. Is that it?
If so, then I have this question. How do I get 129W channels to all 4 receivers?

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm not sure I understand the diagram. See if I got this right: one of the outputs from the SW64 goes into one of the inputs on the SW21. One line from the 129W dual LNBF goes into the other input on the SW21. The output from the SW21 goes to a receiver. The second line from the 129W dual LNBF is not used. Is that it?
you could use both ports to go to 2 recievers

If so, then I have this question. How do I get 129W channels to all 4 receivers?
you cant with the reverse polarity LNB's

you could use both ports to go to 2 recievers
In other words connect the second port from the 129W dual LNBF to one input of a second SW21.

Could somebody elaborate a little on what HDTVFanAtic means by "Then you have the 110 lnb essentially spoon the lnb and secure it"?

Lay the feedhorns against each other to where they fill in each other's curves - then adjust with a meter and secure. Again, you will not get optimum signal on both satellites - especially 110 it will not be in the sweet spot.

nope. The Reverse LNB's are Legacy and you cannot mix Legacy & DishPro. You can hook a SW21 on the output of one of the SW64 to get 4 satellites to a reciever

110----SW64 1 (2 lines to the in side)
119----SW64 2
148----SW64 3

output 1----SW21 from 129-------------receiver

While the theory is correct here, as posted this will not work with a SW64.

119W has to be in position #1 using 4 satellites with a SW64. I have tried for hours with it using 110W or the others in postion #1, but for some reason with 4 satellite positions in legacy, 119W is required in the first position.

The rest are not as picky.

I have been successful with

SW64 1 - 119W
SW64 2 - 110W (not sure if I have experimented with 61.5/129W/148 in Pos 2)
SW64 3 - 148W or 129W or 61.5W

SW21 - 148W or 129W or 61.5W

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic,
Just to be clear, when you say position #1 I take it you mean ports 1A and 1B on the input side of the SW64. Is that right?

While the theory is correct here, as posted this will not work with a SW64.

119W has to be in position #1 using 4 satellites with a SW64. I have tried for hours with it using 110W or the others in postion #1, but for some reason with 4 satellite positions in legacy, 119W is required in the first position.

My listing was more of a "the SW64 is already set up and here is how to add a 4th slot to a SW64" ;)
I assumed his SW64 is set up correctly right now

HDTVFanAtic,
Just to be clear, when you say position #1 I take it you mean ports 1A and 1B on the input side of the SW64. Is that right?

correct

My listing was more of a "the SW64 is already set up and here is how to add a 4th slot to a SW64" ;)
I assumed his SW64 is set up correctly right now

Actually, the wierd thing is, the SW64 is not picky about what oribital position goes where when only 3 orbital positions and a SW64 is involved.

When I finally added a 4th orbital position with a SW21, that was when it decided to get picky about 119W being in position #1. And it took many hours of experimenting and many trips to the roof and many check switches to figure this out.

Thus, a SW64 could run correctly now with 110W in position #1 (as I did for a year when only 3 orbital positions were involved).

But when you move to 4 orbital positions with the addition of a SW21 in the chain, 119W must be moved to the #1 position on the SW64.

FTA channels on Star Choice?

The technical talk of this thread is beyond my comprehension. I just have one simple question: What FTA channels are available from Star Choice. I thought there were none so what is the objective of trying to receive Star Choice in California?

The technical talk of this thread is beyond my comprehension. I just have one simple question: What FTA channels are available from Star Choice.
really none
I thought there were none so what is the objective of trying to receive Star Choice in California?

StarChoice is a Canadian satellite company that requires a subscription (like Dish & Direct). ExpressVu & StarChoice are the two options in Canada but a few of us "southerners" have them. Need either a Canadian address or a program broker to get it.

no. You would need a 22k switch to combine them. The 107.3 output would go into the 0k side and 111.1 goes into the 22k side

Sadoun carries them (I use to have one when I had 107.3/111.1) or Ebay

Does it matter which side 111.1 connects to? i.e Can you connect 111.1 to the 0k side? Just curious.

the 111 LNB needs to be hooked to the 22k side. That is how the reciever recognizes it. When you select a channel that is on 111.1 (like NFL Netowrk or HD), the box turns the 22k on

Just got my SC DSR505

I plan on hooking everything up this weekend, and then call the broker Monday or Tuesday for programming. One thing I noticed is the User Guide says "DSR500 Series". The layout shown of the output connectors is different from that of the DSR505. One example: there is no "TV Pass Card " slot on the DSR505. Is there somewhere on the internet I can get a picture and description of the connectors on the DSR505?

from the SC website :)

looks like my Voom box

Attachments

• dsr505_large_back.jpg
    dsr505_large_back.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 121
  • dsr505_specsheet.pdf
    265.7 KB · Views: 144
What is the phono connector directly under the F-type connector labelled "UHF" used for?

I hooked up the DSR505, 2-LNBFs, and the SW22. I turned on the receiver and I get a "Installation Settings"--->"Tune Satellite Signal 1" .The screen is now as follows:
EMM Provider ID: 0
Satellite Name: A4
Signal Level Number: 62
Adjusting the skew and slide bar position for the 111.1W LNBF increased the Signal Level Number to 70.
How do I maximize signal for 107.3W?
The User Guide doesn't give any information on these adjustments. It says the "Tune in Satellite Signal option is for installer use only".
I plan on calling the broker on Monday for authorization.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to get into the menu's for the EBno number.

On most boxes its options 6-0-5 but the 505 may be different (edit: its the same). There will be a number in the corner that will either be -3.0 (for no signal) or a + number. +5.0 is minimum and +7.5 or higher is optimum.

You will need to be on channel 284 if its a virgin box or 299 if not. You will have to get 107.3 in first and honestly, wait until you get the authorization before adding 111.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts