Star Choice

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
So for $35 a mo.. and $75 a year i can get

STAR CHOICE English ESSENTIALS for $30
and add on SPORTS for $5

and can i use my 10ft c/ku band satellite for STAR CHOICE or do i need a diff.. lnb

p/s i am is miami fl

Forget using your BUD. SC uses 30 transponders on F1 and 17 on F2. You will have a burned out polarotor in no time. In addition, the wait as the dish moves back and forth between F1/F2 will become very tiring.

Go with electronic swtching between satellites and polarity.

Use either:
SC 75 cm elliptical dish (has built in 4 port multiswitch)
or
find 2 old Primestar dishes (that are the same) and use a DirecTV multiswitch to tie them together.

As for pricing, don't forget taxes (7% GST + provincial tax which is 7% in Ontario). Result is that price in Canadian$ is about the same in US$ when taxes are included

Tommyboy said:
So for $35 a mo.. and $75 a year i can get

STAR CHOICE English ESSENTIALS for $30
and add on SPORTS for $5

and can i use my 10ft c/ku band satellite for STAR CHOICE or do i need a diff.. lnb

p/s i am is miami fl

yes you could since what you want is on F1 (107.3)
KU band

Silver package might be better...for 39$ you get essentials and 3 bundles so you could have sports 1 & 2 plus another bundle for about 5$ more,taxes not included.

I just upped to gold...I am really enjoying this SC....I am even toying with the Idea of canning my Directv (or at least cutting back my receivers)...once I go FTA I will more than likely drop the Dtv and save some green.

Tommyboy said:
and can i use my 10ft c/ku band satellite for STAR CHOICE

One thing I forgot to mention. You cannot use a 4DTV 920 or 922 as dish mover. As soon as it sees the ku side of F1; it overloads the 4DTV TDT count. It will max out at 1920, causing problems with the 4DTV mapping.

where do i buy a 75 cm dish for SC and how much does it cost
and a DSR-505 HDTV Receiver

If i get SC do they blackout NHL games.
What i want to see is the canucks games on RSN.
I will have CI too on DTV but i like the here it on RSN better.

If you British Columbia address, you will see Canucks games on Rogers Sportnet. Canucks games on CBC and TSN are seen by all regardless of address

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)