Star Trek actors - what are they in now on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I was watching Sci-fi friday this week and i noticed two old star trek actors and it got me thinking to where many of the star trek characters are now on tv.

In SG1 there was Robert Picardo! - AKA Voyager's holographic Doctor
In SGA there's Colm Meaney - AKA DSN and TNG - Miles Edward O'Brien
In Boston Legal there's - Rene Auberjonois - AKA DSN Odo and William Shatner - AKA - STE Kirk

In Numb3rs - Ethan Phillips - AKA Voy - Neelix
In American Dad - Patrick Stewart - AKA TNG Picard

Anybody else spotted old Star Trek actors in current or recent tv series.

Jack Donner who played Sub Commander Tal in the original cast episode "The Enterprise Incident" and also played a Vulcan Priest on the last season of Enterprise stays busy with various things. He portrayed the judge in the E! reenactment of the Michael Jackson trial awhile back. I've seen him pop up in various roles on the SciFi channel. He likes to write a lot and does many other things. You can read some of his articles and chat with him at http://www.abovetheswamp.com , a site I helped him put together.

Mario

PS

Debora Downey, the blond hippie who jammed with Spock in "The Way to Eden" is now a portrait artist in Indianapolis, IN.

MP

Colm Meaney is on another show as the guy in the other apartment. with the actress who played Darma?

I met a bunch of the star trek actors:) liked all of them but nichelle nichols, way too preachie about nasa:(

Scotty was my favorite, he was a howl!

did you hear william shatner wants to auction off his kidney stone calling it the ultimate star trek collectible.

in the years ahead look for a MOVIE of the original crew, including those who have died.

there at the point where computers can recreate bones, scotty and all the rest, in there original appearance. This technology is available today but still too expensive... but really close.

prime time will be seeing this too, with computer creations ending the demands of casts like friends. plus their age can be whatevers needed. computerized kids who never age.

Last edited:
Michael Dorn (Worf on TNG and DS9 also Kirk's "public Defender" in ST:6) Does a ton of narration work for Discovery Networks. He was also a regular on cartoons "Duck Dodgers", "Danny Phanton" and Justice League.

Jonathan Frakes (William T Riker/Number One - TNG, Tom Riker TNG/DS9) has made cameo apperances on Futurama, Family Guy and several other comedies spoofing his own Trek persona. But in real life he is an accomplished director. He has directed several episodes of Roswell, the movie Clockstoppers and Thundetrbirds.

Nana Visitor (Kira - DS9) has been a guest star on quite a few shows lately. Most notably CSI, Las Vegas, The World According to Jim, Frazier, and Dark Angel.

Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher - TNG) is a regular voice ator on several animated series, most notably "Teen Titans"

Gates McFadden (Dr. Bev. Crusher - TNG) was most recently on the ill-fated TV show "The Handler".

Armin Shimerman (Quark - DS9) has been a very active voice actor with a ton of non-Trek related video games, and animated series and movies. Most notably the Justtice League. He was also recently on an episode of Joan or Arcadia. If it wansn't for his distinct voice I never would have recognized him. :)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. More to follow.

See ya
Tony

long_time_DNC said:
Wonder what computer actors get paid? Do they get residuals? :D

Ones who reprise real people will, or in the case of ones who died their estates. Just like John Wayne still getting paid:)

The big advantage to total fictional characters, no pay or residuals, and no extortion for another 12 episodes. nets and producers are looking forward to this:)

Isnt nana visitor the mom on wildfire, a really good show!

anyone know the real reason will weaton got canned? I have suspicions, it wouldnt be good...........

Last edited:
Brent Spiner (Data - TNG, Dr Soong - Enterprise) was most recently a regular on Threshold. He was a minor player in the movie "The Aviator". He's also been guest star on a ton of shows recently. Most notably, Law & Order: C.I. , Frasier, and Friends.

Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko - DS9) is a regular on the current series "Invasion". He has also been on recent episodes of 7th Heaven.

Nichelle (I'm not dead yet) Nichols (Uhura - TOS) was most recently on the movie "Are we there yet?" Otherwise a POS Ice Cube "comedy".

Marina Sirtis (Counelor Troi - TNG) has just recently appeared on the TV series "The Closer". I thin she also worked on the short-lived series "Threat Matrix" with fellow trek alumn Denise Crosby. Sirtis has also been on Stargate: SG1.

Denise "carreer choice" Crosby (Tasha Yar & Seela TNG) has appeared on Jugding Amy, The Agency, Crossing Jordan. I think she has a movie she is working on now too.

Alexander Siddig a.k.a. Siddig el Fadil (Dr. Bashir - DS9) was most recently in the movie "Kingdom of Heaven".

Roxann Dawson (B'elana Torres - Voyager) was a regular on the short-lived Rob Lowe series "Lyon's Den". The last time I saw anything with her in it was quite apropos; it was on the TV series Without a Trace. :)

Tim Russ (Tuvok - Voyager, and a thief in a TNG episode) was a doctor with MS on ER last year.

Robert Duncan McNiel (Paris - Voyager / Cadet that almost got Wesley kicked out of the academy on TNG) was recently on Crossing Jordan. He was also in one of the last "Outer Limits".

Jeri Ryan (the lucious Seven of Nine - Voyager) has been a regular guest on "The OC" and "Two and a Half Men" this year.

That is really all I can think of now.

See ya
Tony

See ya
Tony

Bob Haller said:
anyone know the real reason will weaton got canned? I have suspicions, it wouldnt be good...........

Got canned from what? Star Trek: TNG?

For the record he left TNG of his own accord on good terms so he could go to college. He appeared in an episode each and every year after he left as a regular because that is all he had time to do. "The Game" with co-star Ashley Judd, jus the first of these quest appearances.
The next was the episode where he nearly gets expelled from Starfleet Academy thanks to Patrick Duncan McNiel's character. "The final duty" or something to that effect.
Then the episode where he meets up with "the Traveler" again and phases out of this plane.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Got canned from what? Star Trek: TNG?

For the record he left TNG of his own accord on good terms so he could go to college. He appeared in an episode each and every year after he left as a regular because that is all he had time to do. "The Game" with co-star Ashley Judd, jus the first of these quest appearances.
The next was the episode where he nearly gets expelled from Starfleet Academy thanks to Patrick Duncan McNiel's character. "The final duty" or something to that effect.
Then the episode where he meets up with "the Traveler" again and phases out of this plane.

See ya
Tony

I dont believe he left voluntarily, and I watched a interview where he publically stated he called the producers after the end of the series was annouced and asked to return, they werent interested.

again seeing him about the time he lef I have a theory, espically his appearance on QVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts