Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Season 4 is now out, like most series they dropped two episodes on Thursday. They hinted at “that Pike thing we aren’t supposed to talk about” in the first, but the second episode had me howling. The writers are off to a strong start.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
And we have a mystery ship that has destroyed both a Klingon ship and a Romulan ship. Hundreds killed and I thought this was for a younger audience. Story arc anyone? I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the carnage at the end of ST Prodigy.

And we have a mystery ship that has destroyed both a Klingon ship and a Romulan ship. Hundreds killed and I thought this was for a younger audience. Story arc anyone? I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the carnage at the end of ST Prodigy.
Lower Deck was never meant for a younger audience, specially since it is made by the same folks who brought us Rick and Morty.

Prodigy was 100% for the younger folks ( originally was supposed to be on Nickelodeon ), but they can handle watching a bunch of Starships blowing up.

I used to watch monster/sci-fi movies on the weekends in those evil pre-streaming days, no cable days, Godzilla used to totally destroy whole cities, I turned out ok. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Ah, another nod to the Animated Series, evidently the Kzinti are now part of the Federation. Episode 3 also features a Ringworld which Larry Niven wrote about in the 1970s. Are Stasis Boxes next?

Ah, another nod to the Animated Series, evidently the Kzinti are now part of the Federation. Episode 3 also features a Ringworld which Larry Niven wrote about in the 1970s. Are Stasis Boxes next?
Ooh ooh! The autodoc and boosterspice.

Reactions: Foxbat
I got through only the first few episodes of season 1, and stopped watching. Can't take their idea of humor.
I slogged through them anyway. It seems to me that the protagonists speak so rapidly it's difficult to understand. Is it just me?

The thing is the writing for Prodigy was much more interesting even though it was targeting a younger audience.

I slogged through them anyway. It seems to me that the protagonists speak so rapidly it's difficult to understand. Is it just me?

The thing is the writing for Prodigy was much more interesting even though it was targeting a younger audience.
Nope, they speak too fast. Part of the reason I can't watch them.

There’s always Closed Captioning, but ”Lower Decks” isn’t your Cup of Tea, it’s not going to make it more accessible. There are a lot of callbacks and Easter Eggs from the other Star Trek series in addition to the current crew dynamics and storylines.

There’s always Closed Captioning, but ”Lower Decks” isn’t your Cup of Tea, it’s not going to make it more accessible. There are a lot of callbacks and Easter Eggs from the other Star Trek series in addition to the current crew dynamics and storylines.
Loved the Voyager episode a couple of weeks ago, referenced so much, including the cheese.

I enjoyed yesterday's episode, Something Borrowed, Something Green, much more than I did last week's episode.

And we have a mystery ship that has destroyed both a Klingon ship and a Romulan ship.
And now a Ferengi vessel is destroyed too in yesterday's episode. By the way, we have learned that Rom (Quark's brother from DS9 if memory serves) is now the Grand Nagus.

Last edited:
And now a Ferengi vessel is destroyed too in yesterday's episode. By the way, we have learned that Rom (Quark's brother from DS9 if memory serves) is now the Grand Nagus.
Spoilers dude.

Give us at least a couple of days.

IMHO yesterday's episode had a better story than I have come to expect out of Lower Decks. More believable. BTW - it was the1st half of a double season finale.