Star Wars Episode III

Status
Not open for further replies.
korsjs said:
if that is the case, then they will not price match it. depending on the content of the bonus disk, the extra five bucks might be worth it.

Very true! Hopefully someone will be kind enough to offer some insight into the worthiness of the "bonus disk"...

On a related note, my Aiwa Dolby Digital/dts receiver stopped working right, and I had to order an Onkyo 7.1 receiver that shipped today (along with two additional speakers) just in time for me to be able to watch Episode III.

~Alan

I just got back from Wally World, I told the checker about the Target ad, it was ambiguous as to whether the price was actually $14.99, but she price matched anyway...Edit. This was the one with the bonus disc...

i watched the deleted sceens. the last one with yoda should have made the movie. can't wait until friday to watch the movie.

Saw it midnight opening and bought the dvd today.
The strange thing is that I have an upconverting dvd player that does better with the full screen version. If I buy widescreen I get the black bars. If I buy full screen I get exactly that.

I don't understand why they even sell fullscreen versions of movies...TV show box sets, ok I get it, but movies? Illogical. If a person says "Golly gee I don't like them black bars..." they need to be forced into it. It's 2005 for crying out loud...

Purogamer said:
I don't understand why they even sell fullscreen versions of movies...TV show box sets, ok I get it, but movies? Illogical. If a person says "Golly gee I don't like them black bars..." they need to be forced into it. It's 2005 for crying out loud...

I must be dense because I don't get your point. It's 2005 so the movies should be made to fit my wide screen tv without the black bars. No forcing will change my mind on that one.

i don't get why the widescreen version has black bars on a widescreen tv. why can't they have it so it looks like an hd tv program that fills the entire screen. the 2:35 or whatever it is is the worse.

Your widescreen TV is 16:9 ratio or 1.78:1. Movies, like SW EPIII, is in 2.35:1 ratio. Why ?? I don't know, but blame George Lucas for that... More and more movies nowadays are being made 1.78:1, so no black bars on widescreen TVs.

How do people hate black bars, how do you even see them? It's supposed to be dark when you watch movies. If it's 3pm and the windows are letting all the sun in I guess i'd understand, but you're supposed to be watching in the dark...

My previous point was that some boxes you really have to study to find out of it's WS or not, and I hate that. The Fullscreen crap should be seperated. Not everything is star wars with a different color on the box to make it easy. I hate those double sided discs too, WS on one side, FS on the other. Seems so cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)