Star Wars on Cartoon Network HD?

Can you look & tell me what episode #s your DVR is showing? Or did u erase them already? I have the 3 HD ones from Fri nights as well.

Ok, someone help me out here.

Oct 3 - CN shows episodes 1 & 2
Oct 10 - my DVR picked up "episode 5"??

Is this a problem with the program guide? There have been only 3 episodes so far right? The episode Fri night is clearly the next one in the series..so I'm confused. I'll go hit CN and look over there but wasn't sure if this was a DISH-only thing.

I noticed the same thing. They skipped 3 and 4 for some reason.

Ok, someone help me out here.

Oct 3 - CN shows episodes 1 & 2
Oct 10 - my DVR picked up "episode 5"??

Is this a problem with the program guide? There have been only 3 episodes so far right? The episode Fri night is clearly the next one in the series..so I'm confused. I'll go hit CN and look over there but wasn't sure if this was a DISH-only thing.

I noticed that too and thought maybe CN wasn't going to air all of the episodes as a ploy to boost DVD sales, but it's just misinformation from the guide. The Star Wars website says the episode from 10-10 was Episode 3, not 5.

Considering that 2 leads directly into 5, and they are both the first two of a three part story, I would have to say that either the numbering is incorrect, or they had originally intended to have a "break" between the episodes and air stuff out of order, and then changed their minds.

Is it me, or is "Clone Wars" a little childish... I've watched two and a half episodes before I decided that, at least right now, this series has no spark. It's a kid's show that can appeal to an adult and not the other way around like movie episodes 2-6. Episode 1 (movie) was purely kids' stuff ("Yippy, I'm going to be a jedi" still rings in my ears).

The story lines have been so two-dimensional that they are boring. Clone Wars episode one had me falling asleep. The set-up was so predictable with no drama and really nothing to hold an adults interest.

The animation is mostly horrible. There are some spectacular slates, backgrounds, panoramas and still images. The problem comes in when the characters talk, show emotion and move. There is no life to the faces. The movements are mechanical. The lips barely move when the characters talk and there is no real facial expression save a movement of eye-brows. The original all computer animated series "Reboot" had more facial detail and articulation than this (could be just the way I remember it).

The voice acting is a step better than Hanna-Barbara 1970s & 1980's Saturday morning kids' fare. But to be fair, the actors don't have very much to work with here! Some of the Decalogue is so contrived and written with such little passion that they may be doing all they can with it.

I haven't given up on the series yet. But I will say I am very disappointed.

I am not trying to say the series is bad (yet). It's just not living up to what it was cracked up to be.

See ya
Tony

I tend to agree. You would think Lucas with his unlimited cash would have made this series better. My kids enjoy it..but after the sylized "clone wars" cartoons from a couple years back, these are disappointing. The dialog is the worst part. The one thing I do like is the attempt to make the 'clones' more human. That is definitely an interesting subplot.

Is it me, or is "Clone Wars" a little childish... I've watched two and a half episodes before I decided that, at least right now, this series has no spark. It's a kid's show that can appeal to an adult and not the other way around like movie episodes 2-6. Episode 1 (movie) was purely kids' stuff ("Yippy, I'm going to be a jedi" still rings in my ears).

See ya
Tony

I agree but I think that was always their original intent. It is being shown on a "kid's Network" and a representive of Cartoon Network said that the Clone Wars was strategically placed in it's time slot to compete with the Friday night line-ups of Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel (which are primarily watched by kids). Looks like their strategy may have worked:

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" became the Cartoon Network Most-watched series premiere ever. The computer-animated series, averaged 4 million total viewers in its debut, according to Nielson Media Research. Cartoon Network said the Star Wars spin off ranked as the number one channel among all major kids networks in the time slot among total viewers as well as in the key youth demographics of kids 2-11 (1.8 million), kids 6-11 (1.4 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.2 million, the largest in the demographic for any premiere telecast of an original Cartoon series).

I agree. The show has gotten a little better from the first episode but it still seems too simplistic and without any depth. Yes its hard to do that with only a half hour show. Based on the first three I would say the number of characters should be cut in half in a single episode. Example: there is no need for the comic relief droids with their throw away lines. Nor was there any need for R2D2 in the last one. So far I have to say that most of the other Clone Wars mini-episodes were tighter and more specific in their stories.

[youtube]hdvxXyZ-_Ow[/youtube]
Different lines between the HD version and the SD version. Interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts