Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Iceberg said:
the only items that can decode 4:2:2 and HD are
-PC cards
-DVB world box/star box (2nd link)
-Quali-TV 1080 receiver <----set top box

everything else does 4:2:0 only
Well I ordered one last night (Starbox) from Sadoun but I also fired off an email asking if it would decode 4:2:2. I just got an email back from Judy and she stated the Starbox would not receive 4:2:2 video :( . So now I'm confused :confused: .

Iceberg said:
send a PM to Sadoun...he usually checks them
I did just that and he stated that the MFG specs does not guarantee 4:2:2 compatibility. Do you know of anyone that uses the Star box to get 4:2:2??

You should ask PSB, he has one. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he's mentioned 4:2:2 before. As in getting it, just not sure if it was with the DVB World or not?

Al

voomvoom said:
You should ask PSB, he has one. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he's mentioned 4:2:2 before. As in getting it, just not sure if it was with the DVB World or not?

Al
Yes he did a reveiw on the DVB World but the one I'm getting is a Starbox and from what I've seen they are different boxes. So I guess I will see when it gets here :D
Unless it just the newer version??

OK, sorry thiggin2. I can't help, I don't know?

Al

Edit: Try putting this question in the Free to Air PC DVB Discussion area.

Last edited:
I do not have one, so I am just going by what I believe to be. The StarBox and DVB World Box only receive the satellite signal. It is up to the program you are running to decode the streams. Does the StarBox and DVB World Box both use USB2?

EDIT
The link does say that the StarBox uses USB2.

Also, at the bottom of the link it does say
* Note: When your USB port is 1.1, you could not receive HDTV format TV programs.

Last edited:
Well I've been playing with this thing since yesterday and I have to say this Starbox so far has to be the BIGGEST piece of S**T I have bought. The program that came with it sucks ass, its suppose to support USALS but there is no place to select it. Theres no place to input your LAT and LONG.
I know I'm locked onto the Sat. but when I go to scan it all I get is an ERROR message.:mad: :mad:

Well I've decided to send the Starbox back and pay the 20% restocking fee so I don't have to mess with this turd anymore. I just cant figure it out.
I did order a DVB World USB Box and the reviews I've read on this unit it should be easier to use then the Starbox is (I hope anyways :D ).

My experience with the Starbox so far also is that it is a POS. I tried downloading the latest drivers, and those don't even work at all. It is just sitting here now, I am going to try to unload it on eBay. Wish I would have gotten a DVD World Box from the start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts