starchoice and nfl network channel 420

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
okay guys i sub starchoice i have the highest package available for english only yet for some reason when i goto channel 420 nfl network the light on box goes from green to red, im sure this is in my sub package
any reason for nfl net tobe red, is it just me or are others having same trouble?

NFL network is on F2. You need an elliptical dish to receive. If you have an elliptical dish, you either have it misaligned or you do not have dual satellite channel maps.

stone its on F2...I get it just fine

You have a dual LNB dish (I installed it so I know) :)

Can you see 559 EWTN? That is also on F2. Otherwise those promo channels in the 700's (French area) are on F2 also

Iceberg said:
stone its on F2...I get it just fine

You have a dual LNB dish (I installed it so I know) :)

Can you see 559 EWTN? That is also on F2. Otherwise those promo channels in the 700's (French area) are on F2 also
559 also red

you might need a rehit

Is it just on that one box or all of them?

Otherwise go to TSN and hit options 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C and what is the number in the right corner? (should be like +7.0 or something like that).

cant get there yet the 2 sc irds connected are running through tivos, i have orig remote but when i hit sat and opunch in 400 niothing
how do i cahnge remote address on starchoice dsr 315 remote

stone phillips420 said:
cant get there yet the 2 sc irds connected are running through tivos, i have orig remote but when i hit sat and opunch in 400 niothing
how do i cahnge remote address on starchoice dsr 315 remote

Changing the remote address is explained on page #7 of the User Guide.

Seeing as you cannot receive ch. 420 the NFL Network, try going to ch.260 and unlock channel 260 (options 3 - 2 ), this is an in the clear preview channel which does not require authorization from Anik F2.
If you receive this channel okay, then your even signal from F2 to receiver is fine.
If you do not receive channel 260, then there is a problem at the head end.

stone phillips420 said:
okay ch. 260 pixely like raining
ice ch 400 diag c 8.8-9.5+

You have a signal problem from F2.
Your diagnostic reading from ch.400 is for F1. You need a reading for ch.260 which is F2. This is where the NFL Network is.

Tune the receiver to ch.260 and then go to Options - 6 - 3 - 1.
What signal reading do you have for ch.260 ?

The fact your getting 9.5+ on TSN means the dish is aimed correctly. If it was lower than +5.0, then it could have been a dish repoint issue

You might have to call SC and ask for a rehit. I just checked mine and its working fine :)

it could be the switch. F2 needs a 22k "jolt" for it to work

I would unhook one cable from the switch and hook a reciever up directly. If you can get both satellites, then its the switch

stone phillips420 said:
ill try it in the am, so just hookup barrel roll and forgo switch so i either get strictly f1 or f2?
If you a quad dish (ie 4 lines in to multiswitch) you will get both F1R + F2 on any of these lines
If you have a stacked dish (2 lines in to multiswitch), you will get either F1R or F2 on one of the lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts