StarChoice dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enderby

Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
This may be a stupid question but will go with it any way. I have a coolsat 5000 platnium receiver but the dish that I have is and elliptical from a star choice and was wondering if that will work

Welcome. This question may get moved to the FTA area.

What channels are you trying to receive and what LNB are you going to put on that dish?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, with the Starchoice dish and the circular LNB not much unless your Coolsat 5000 is Hacked which is illegal and not discussed here (see forum rules)... look at THIS thread for info for the Circular LNB, you need an actual FTA dish and LNB, see sponsors up at top of page... and moving to FTA forum...

The LNB that is on a StarChoice dish uses linear polarity so yes it will work just fine for the FTA channels out there :)

I use a SC dish for Galaxy 10 at 123W. Lots of English programming on there :)

StarChoice used many dish sizes. But since he said eliptical, I think there are only 2

60e which is 32x18 or 32x20 (equivalent of a 24-26" dish. It will work with the strong stuff but weaker channels won't come in)
75e which is 37x27 (I have one of these...works pretty much like a 30"-32" dish)

The LNB's were either 2 stacked "beer cans" (one that was aimed at 107.3 and one was at 111.1). Advantage is both polarities come down the line so you can run multiple recievers with a satellite splitter. To get both satellites, you need a special multiswitch sicne there is only one output per satellite.

unstacked is the quad LNB. sees both satellites, 4 outputs with a built in 22k switch

Same material as the Primestar dishes. ChannelMaster makes the SC dish (big huge logo on back that says ChannelMaster)

Helluva lot lighter than the Primestar dish. The SC dish is very light compared to Primestar (even with the mount off of the P* dish the SC dish is lighter). Larger antenna takes a 2" mast (the smaller one will fit on a D500/DirecTV etc mast.)

When they replaced Primestars with D* most of them around here mounted the D* dish on Primestar mount altough some even mounted D* dish mount directly to P* Dish :D ... I shake my head every day when going to my Car pool buddys house... enderby sorry to Hijack your thread, I hope you Got your questions answered, if not ask away... :)

Here is my SC dish (with the DBS LNB at 119)

old picture but it gets the jist of the dish

Attachments

• IM000365.JPG
    IM000365.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IM000368.JPG
    IM000368.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 190
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts