Starchoice DSR500 remote UHF

hypecat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
My DSR 500 remote doesn't work very well. Does anyone know if/how I turn on the UHF function? I would have guessed it was on by default, but it appears to be only using IR...

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem - just more Motorola junk. I tried my old 401 UHF remote and it works fine.

Motorola should get their satellite hardware act all together - or leave the business completely.

I thought....

I thought I cam across the remote config somewhere when setting everything up, but couldn't find it again. It makes me think there is some setting that can switch between IR and UHF...... ???

Motorola is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial IRDs, and their consumer IRDs are leaps and bounds better than Echostars devices... ;)

I personally have had no issues with any of my Moto recievers, that experience ranges from the DSR-420, 205, 550, 500, as well as a host of commercial recievers.

If you have a problem with a remote, its not really fair to generalize about the whole company when it looks like its just a bad remote.

ultatryon said:
Check your Remote ID if it is not working as "1" (the default) change it to a different one.

How do I check the remote id???

I am not sure where I put my manual.. but I will search it up on the internet

Another thing, which I am sure you checked, but just want to double check...
UHF uses alot more power than IR... make sure you have fresh batteries in the remote. Old batteries may be enough for IR, but not for UHF

batteries...

Good point, they were the batteries that came with the remote/receiver, just opened last night, but they could be old.....

I never use the batteries that come with the remotes because they are usually the el cheapo ones you can get for .99 a 4 pack :)

Motorola is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial IRDs, and their consumer IRDs are leaps and bounds better than Echostars devices...

Too bad Motorola's software is still Atari 2600 esq. ;)

Crispy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)