starchoice in mn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
hey ice i need some help im having S* installed here in the tc on sunday i bought the equip from kusat i got 1 65cm dish i got the bigger one and 2 dsr315
i have a guy come by with his birddog on sunday which sats do i need anik f1&f2.
is this corect.
please give any tips if you can thanks.
cant wait to watch hustler tv

F1 ku and F2 ku are the birds you are looking for. When I put my dish up, I turned to ch.299 and entered the installer menu and found F1 using the tune satellite part, then change channels to ch.298 and lined F2 ku right up and went from there. I would change back and forth a time or two to make sure I had the max. readings between the two. Happy StarChoicing. "The orginal better TV for all" .

didnt know you were in MN too :)

F1 (107.3) and F2 (111.1) are the two satellites, but you want to look for 111.1 because once you get skew set, 107 falls into place.

When you get the units, turn them to 284 then options-6-0-5 right arrow to Diagnostic C. In the right corner there is a number that will be either + or -
+-signal from dish
- no signal

You want at least a +5, shoot for +7.5 or more. On mine, I can get +10.0 on most channels (I have a 75e here in the TC)

Once it gets signal for at least 5 minutes, 284 will disappear and you can tune in 299. You need to leave it on 299 for the "hit" from SC to take place for programming :)

Good luck!

i scanned the sky earlier this afternoon looking for anik 2 111, i was using a birddog and no luck
i have the 75cm dish
i guess i need some more assistance
help if you can guys thanks

uh oh. here are the angles for SC

35.3 elevation
204 azimuth
107 skew

Change skew to 107 and elevation to 35-36. You should get a signal on 284 when you are close.

USe the diagnostic C screen (options 6-0-5 right arrow to Diag. C). The number in the corner should move to a + number when you have a signal. Fine tune it to get the signal the best :)

thanks for your help ice, if your not doing anything this weekend perhaps you'd like to come over and help me with *c, ill have beer, grilling, and money to compensate you for your time as well as college football on saturday via Gameplan or pro football via Sunday ticket, let me know if your interested and ill send ya a pm
thanks ice

stone phillips420 said:
thanks for your help ice, if your not doing anything this weekend perhaps you'd like to come over and help me with *c, ill have beer, grilling, and money to compensate you for your time as well as college football on saturday via Gameplan or pro football via Sunday ticket, let me know if your interested and ill send ya a pm
thanks ice

PM sent

(oh, and I don't drink) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)