StarChoice issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whozitsdad

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Has anyone lost or had interupted service with StarChoice? For some reason I'm getting only two or three cbc/ctv feeds and the rest of the channels tell me I need to subscribe.

This just started this past weekend after the NHL's opening night.

whozitsdad said:
This just started this past weekend after the NHL's opening night.

If you have a DSR505, Motorola is aware of this problem with somes units. They were supposed to download a fix on October 6, but it has been delayed. A temporary fix is to purged the guide by doing a hard reset. (Pull plug from wall for a couple of minutes)

If it is not a 505, you can try a hard reset. But it more likely is corrupt channel maps requiring a rehit from SC.

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to get in touch with my broker. I have a GE 451 receiver and I'm using another broker rather than FS.
I guess I will try a hard reset once I get home from work.

If you power it back on (after the unplug, plug back in) and within 10 minutes you dont have the right time or channel name, you need a rehit

When you first power it back on, as an example (using TSN)

on the top it says TSN 400 (correct time)

and at the bottom it says "TSN 6am-6pm"

If the top bar doesnt have "TSN", then it needs a rehit....

Starchoice & KuSat

Well, I guess I'll try a on/off tonite. I have been trying to contact KuSat and no one is responding back. Voice Mail is full and no replies to my email. Phil @ KuSat use to be very good about responding but not lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)