Starchoice new HD channels.. When?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I know that Starchoice is going to be launching some new HD channels in October.. Has anyone heard the finalization of what channels, and when? I dont have my reciever hooked up at the moment, so I cant check myself.. They are all packed up for the impending move.. I hope to get my dish setup at the new place during the coming week... I just hope to be greeted by some new HD :)

46 views and no replys.. I think thats a first :)

I hope to get my dish mounted up tomorrow night, so hopefully I can find out myself :)

Nobody has replied because there is no news. Bell owned Telesat is still in violation of their Industry Canada licence for 118.7 (no satellite in operation there) AMC 16 is still @ 85. FCC still has not granted OK to move it.

Telesat has still not delivered the 4 additional F2 ku transponders to Cancom/SC. 4 new HD channels are ready to launch. It is known that 3 of them are CBC/SRC/KOMO.

ultatryon said:
well, today is the end of the month.. still nothing

Apparently SC has changed their mind as to which stations will be launched. This apparently happened last week after the CRTC approved the 80% Bell/20% Discovery Networks owned Discovery HD Theatre Channel to be launched before Christmas.

Supposedly SC is working to add TSN HD at no extra charge. Discovery HD Theatre will be a Category 2 channel which means it will be sold a la carte.

As for the CBC, they have not even applied to the CRTC for the Omnibus channel that Canada's cable companies want so that the limited CBC HD offerings will be available at the correct time in each timezone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts