'Stargates' Keep Running at Sci Fi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The Sci Fi Channel plans to keep its successful Friday-night lineup humming for the foreseeable future, picking up both editions of "Stargate" for another season.
The cable network has picked up 20 new episodes of both "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis," with production set to begin on the two shows early next year. The new seasons will debut in the summer of 2006.

"SG-1" will enter its 10th season (the first five aired on Showtime) next summer, making it, Sci Fi says, the longest-running science-fiction drama in the history of American television. Previous record holder "The X-Files" lasted nine seasons on FOX; three "Star Trek" series -- "The Next Generation," "Deep Space Nine" and "Voyager" -- ran for seven seasons.

"Atlantis," meanwhile, will get its third season. Both it and its predecessor averaged better than 2 million viewers per week for their most recent run of new episodes over the summer, and along with "Battlestar Galactica," have made Sci Fi the top cable network on Fridays for the young-adult viewers that are the lifeblood of the business.
All three Friday shows

Source

I see they had to qualify it as longest-running on "American television", thus no mention of the Doctor.

Anyone know if the entire run of Dr Who is available on dvd format yet? How about space 1999, I remember watching that show on tv when I was a kid just big enough to ride a big wheel in my grandparents driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)