Start early/end late question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
I got a new 722, and I'm setting up season passes for my shows. I noticed halfway through settng up my timers that the box came set with a default of start early 1 minute and end late 3 minutes.

But... when I set up consecutive OTA recordings, like Desperate Housewives/Brothers and Sisters (same network), or Worst Week (CBS) followed immediately by Boston Legal (ABC) I do not get any conflict in the scheduled recordings list.

I'll find out in a few hours, but will everything record correctly? I this a feature of the 722 to be smart enough to avoid conflicts due to start early/end late settings? I couldn't find anything in the manual referencing this.

Jeff

Last edited:
Yes, If you leave it at the default of 1 min early and 3 min late, it will automatically change either to 0 min if needed.

If you change the times from the default then it won't change and you will get conflicts.

If the early/setting is less than 5 minutes, then conflicts are automatically solved by removing the early/late.

If the program that runs late is important, and the next one is trivial, then setting the late to 5 minutes will insure that you get the extra.

An example is "Lost" which from time to time has run 3-4 minutes beyond the end of the hour, so that live viewers cannot start to watch a following show on a competing network.

In those cases, if you allow the Dish DVR to resolve the conflict by reducing the late to zero, then you will lose the final scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)