Starter FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New to FTA also

Kyledoo, I'm new at this also, coming from a computer technician background, it's little easier to digest some of the information from everybody, but something’s I have to look up and reference and figure out what Anole or Iceman and Tron has just told me :eureka and try to figure out how to aim my dish, sometimes I get so excited, I want to cut out from work early, go home and jump back on my roof at 100 degrees, but I learned to wait late in the afternoon to do so :)

Kyledoo, allot of the information you posted you can find in older posts, there is allot of good information on this board by taking advantage of the search tab.
I think I have spent many hours going through the old posts and finding the info I needed. Good luck :hungry:

Sorry Iceberg, called you Iceman..

I was thinking Top Gun for some reason.. :up

Kyledoo, I'm new at this also, coming from a computer technician background, it's little easier to digest some of the information from everybody, but something’s I have to look up and reference and figure out what Anole or Iceman and Tron has just told me :eureka and try to figure out how to aim my dish, sometimes I get so excited, I want to cut out from work early, go home and jump back on my roof at 100 degrees, but I learned to wait late in the afternoon to do so :)

Kyledoo, allot of the information you posted you can find in older posts, there is allot of good information on this board by taking advantage of the search tab.
I think I have spent many hours going through the old posts and finding the info I needed. Good luck :hungry:

Several common problems for newbies are:
- unfamiliar lingo, so don't know what to search for
- information overload, so too much to read to find simple answer
- lack of info, for something that seems important
- missing some tiny fact, that the rest of us take as common knowledge, and just don't talk about

Iceberg, the moderator for FTA, sets the tone and the standard.
So... this department is a very friendly and helpful one.
If anyone says "RTFM", it's usually in jest, and generally to a friend.

Yes, most anything you can ask, as been discussed and resolved.
I enjoy new questions... but don't mind the old one.
I've even got a list of several dozen helpful threads, which I paste in as answers.
Now, when the newbie obviously doesn't read the info in his answer, then I may move on.
But when someone is really trying, reading, learning, and progressing, you'll see everyone here give them the fullest of support you can imagine.!

The sticky threads, especially The Tip of The Iceberg, are all good to read through.
The FAQs have lots of great content, too!
I found both sections a real bonus to getting started.

But, don't be shy. If you're just fed up and don't know where to turn.
There's always a friendly hand here to help.
(the lizard points at the Iceberg) - :D

Several common problems for newbies are:
- unfamiliar lingo, so don't know what to search for
- information overload, so too much to read to find simple answer
- lack of info, for something that seems important
- missing some tiny fact, that the rest of us take as common knowledge, and just don't talk about

Iceberg, the moderator for FTA, sets the tone and the standard.
So... this department is a very friendly and helpful one.
If anyone says "RTFM", it's usually in jest, and generally to a friend.

Yes, most anything you can ask, as been discussed and resolved.
I enjoy new questions... but don't mind the old one.
I've even got a list of several dozen helpful threads, which I paste in as answers.
Now, when the newbie obviously doesn't read the info in his answer, then I may move on.
But when someone is really trying, reading, learning, and progressing, you'll see everyone here give them the fullest of support you can imagine.!

The sticky threads, especially The Tip of The Iceberg, are all good to read through.
The FAQs have lots of great content, too!
I found both sections a real bonus to getting started.

But, don't be shy. If you're just fed up and don't know where to turn.
There's always a friendly hand here to help.
(the lizard points at the Iceberg) - :D

You forgot to tell him that you REQUIRE pictures of any install he does so you can check it out...:D:)

(Brother Anole likes pictures....I took some pictures of a motorized dish I was having problems with and in just a short while I got a PM with enough geometry to put a man on mars...He knows his stuff and isn't afraid to share! And thats a GOOD thing!)

For me it was not knowing to set the receiver to look at an active transponder. It sounds stupid to me now but at the time I didn't know any better. :eek:

Ok. So I have been reading around a little bit. I have an idea of which receivers and dish I want to get. But what else do I need? A grounding rod and maybe a switch is all I think I need. Which LNB should I get, I don't need the top of the line, just enough to get some of the stuff mostly on G18 & possibly G25. I may want to try out G25 or AMC 1 as well, but I would like to go motorless for now untill I figure out if I will ever watch anything other than G18 or G25. What is typically the maximum spread you can get using 2 lnb's on a 31" dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts