Starting to rethink this

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SteveISU

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Having Comcast Digital HD service and never having to worry about drop outs, weather, signal strengths...ect ect ect. I'm a starting to wonder why go through the hassle? I mean 85% of the threads on here are related to intall probs, service probs, and anything else negative. I know Comcast is goin to DVR by the end of june and i'm already using DVI so I ask. Outside of Voom's "exclusive" HD channels (which from what I've read arn't that hot) whats the advantage Voom has? or any satalite service?

Well to be honest I am not home enough to really give the comparison. I am on-call alot and when I am home I just want to flip the t.v on an not have to worry about PQ or drop out. But this damn Voom is intriguing...lol. I guess I don't want to install voom..cancel comcast......risk hating the OTA situation and then want to switch back. Alot of back and forth......hurts just thinkin about it.

SteveISU, keep on mind that it is a natural tendency for people to post only when they have problem - that explain your observation about 85% of threads being about problems. Nobody will start a thread on something like "My VOOM is working great"

I'm in the opposite position as you. The Voom satellite service is great in my opinion. I love the Monsters channel, and some of the older movies on Cinema10. But if they are unable to get the locals to work, I will have to switch to Comcr*p, er Comcast to get my locals in HD. I won't have any other alternative.

I haven't noticed much problems with pq or dropouts. Just some quirks with the Voom STB that will get fixed eventually. Even rain fade hasn't been much of a problem except during heavy downpours -- but I have the same problem with DTV, and I've seen Comcast have simular problems as well in the rain.

-John

PS> There's a good reason why there are so many posts about bad installs... It's because there are so many bad installs. heh.

I would think if your not having any probs and things are good you WOULD post that. I'm sorry but being human when you read enough negative comments there is only one conclusion one could make. If enough people told you your Mazda was a piece you'd begin to rethink it as well.

Like Walter said, my Voom is working great, you won't find any complaints from me in this forum, now if you were to ask me what I thought about Dish, that would be a totally different story.

well when the next hurricane rolls in here im gonna be watching TV running off a generator while everyone else around here with Cox cable sits listening to a radio for a week until they repair everything :) And Cox around here is just like D*, only about 6 HD channels but also no way to get digital or HD locals with cable here, the 1st 100 channels or so are analog! AND NO OTA TUNER!

In short, if Comcast provides more HD programs in a reasonable price, I won't get VOOM. I am very thankful to VOOM for providing this competition that bring more HD content on the TV and also bring the price down.

svx94 said:
In short, if Comcast provides more HD programs in a reasonable price, I won't get VOOM. I am very thankful to VOOM for providing this competition that bring more HD content on the TV and also bring the price down.
Don't count on it. Comcast is currently expanding into On-Demand PPV (SD) and local/distance phone calls and that will suck all their extra bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)