Starz/Encore contract renewal

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Dont know how much truth there is to it, but word in the cv streets is they might not be renewing the starz/encore movie package contract which expires on Tuesday....uhhhhohhhh.

Does this mean they would remove the channels? I have the silver package, would they replace them with either showtime or cinemax?

yup heard the same thing, hoping its not true

edit I wouldnt be suprised if this has to do with the starz on demand. Starz wants it for free and Cablevision wants to charge for it, like all the other premium vod channels

They are talking about moving Showtime and TMC to the silver package, wonder how this would affect the rates?

Why is Cablevision the only cable company that charges for the premium on demand movie channels? Other cable companies include it with the subscription to that movie package.

Does this mean they would remove the channels? I have the silver package, would they replace them with either showtime or cinemax?

Either/or be damned I would expect both in my Silver package. Encore and Starz has 14 channels together if I'm correct. Cinemax TMC is less than that.

In the odd case that this is the scenario then good, means we'll get TMC and Cinemax HD. Will lose starz HD and its Encore channels as well. Obviously they would have to add Cinemax and TMC to the silver package. What happens to Gold. At any rate seems improbable or I expect to see a lower bill if those channels disappear, we'll see folks, we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)