starz hd channels

smeagal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
just got installed today with basic package, noticed that I have starz hd channels, does everybody get those? or is it like a free preview? or can I expect it to dissapear in the near futue?

You got the same package that I received on March 11, the VAVAVOOM package for two months, no extra charge.

After two months I will cancel the extra free package and select the VOOM package, we do not care for the HBO/SHOW/MAX movie channels, and to us a waste of money.

FYI:
My local Cleveland stations are 23 miles from our location, we do not receive all of the local stations. Last evening customer service ordered me an antenna upgrade, scheduled for the Mar 25th installation.

If you do not receive all your local stations, give them a call, really friendly people there!

smeagal said:
just got installed today with basic package, noticed that I have starz hd channels, does everybody get those? or is it like a free preview? or can I expect it to dissapear in the near futue?
I only get the basic subscription, and I am also getting both the STARZ HD channels. Have been for a couple months now. I think most subs, if not all, are also getting them. Nobody seems to really know why. If it is a free preview it's an unofficial, unadvertised one. I assume that they'll disappear sooner or later -- but I've been saying that for a couple months. Enjoy them while they last!

Same here, TheTimm,

TheTimm said:
I only get the basic subscription, and I am also getting both the STARZ HD channels. Have been for a couple months now. I think most subs, if not all, are also getting them. Nobody seems to really know why. If it is a free preview it's an unofficial, unadvertised one. I assume that they'll disappear sooner or later -- but I've been saying that for a couple months. Enjoy them while they last!

Even under "the roof next door is getting wet!" Seattle skies, Gill

To each his own. My personal preferences ARE the movie channels. With 10 premium HD movie channels per night plus VOOM's 11 Original movie channels we can plan a movie & popcorn per evening viewing films we maynot have seen before. And with a large screen home theater it is like going to the movies. (which I seldom do anymore). Last night's bill was "Kiss of The Vampire" & "The Ladykillers." So for some it's sports....others its movies. Whatever.....Enjoy VOOM.

Question for those watching Starz HD...are all the movies HD widescreen, or are some not? The online guide on the Voom website doesn't list them as HD. I get my Voom install tomorrow, and noticed that LOTR: Two Towers is on Starz, but at odd times of day/night. With no DVR for now, didn't want to stay up to check it out if it's not HD...

I like StarzHD and Im one of the ones who is paying for the Starz pack. Im planning on dropping it as soon as EncoreHD is dropped from the pack.

So have you seen "Two Towers" in HD? How's it look?

By the way, killer Avatar/GIF...funny stuff.

I loved Two Towers in HD. Its the reason why I added StarzHD on. EncoreHD has been a great add on to the Starz pack....but that is going bye bye on April 1st. But LOTR looks great on Starz...it's worth the 15 bucks a mth to me.

TheTimm said:
Looks like it's finally over. :(
Just tuned in to watch Prozac Nation and got the "Upgrade" message. Oh, well -- it was nice while it lasted!

It's a 2-month for free situation. Get you hooked and take it away. You probably are also getting a few others for free that will disappear without warning unless you decide to pay for them...

kjaslow said:
It's a 2-month for free situation. Get you hooked and take it away. You probably are also getting a few others for free that will disappear without warning unless you decide to pay for them...
No, this isn't that current deal with the VaVa they got going. Just the two Starz HD channels were there for a while ( more than two months I think ). Only other time I got channels for free was a Free Showtime Weekend Preview when they were promoting the premiere of Fat Actress. Not sure what this was with Starz (just the HD channels), but it's over.

I think a couple of the starz channels hung around for a few weeks after the preview. I have voom only as well

ericl said:
I think a couple of the starz channels hung around for a few weeks after the preview. I have voom only as well
We were getting STARZ-HD and STARZ-HD West well before any official STARZ preview, and continued to well after. Still don't know why. But they're gone now so I guess it doesn't really matter. It was fun while it lasted -- which was quite a while (months!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts