Starz-HD East: Freddy vs. Jason 9pm EST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B0000VCZMK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Aspect ratio 2.35 : 1

Summary: After 11 years in development hell and screenplay drafts by 13 different writers, the long-awaited smackdown of Freddy vs. Jason finally arrives. After making their respective debuts in Friday the 13th (1980) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), the hockey-masked killer Jason Voorhees (Ken Kirzinger, replacing long-time Jason performer Kane Hodder) and razor-gloved Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) square off in a slasher-franchise combo-deal that only their most devoted fans will appreciate; turns out this is a lightweight match in which nobody wins. It's an average entry in the histories of these horror icons, comparable to half of their previous sequels, and Bride of Chucky director Ronny Yu satisfies purists with plenty of gushing blood and mayhem when Freddy recruits Jason to slice 'n' dice the ill-fated teens who've forgotten Freddy's once-formidable reign of terror. While it logically connects the gruesome legacies of Nightmare's Elm Street and Friday's Camp Crystal Lake, this horror hybrid is shockingly uninspired. It briefly peaks when Freddy gives the unconscious Jason a dream-world pummeling, but their ultimate showdown's a draw. In the immortal words of Peggy Lee, is that all there is? --Jeff Shannon

I never saw this one. Not even on DVD. I thought the concept was good. Never thought that Jason had a chance against Freddy. I guess I was wrong if Freddy was ever taken out of the dreams and brought back to reality. I think I saw all the Nightmare on Elm Street and I don't clearly remember if Freddy was ever brought back from any dream to reality.

The other good part was to see small highlights of the early Elm Streets and Friday the 13th. I did not get the ending except to say that their saga will continue.

Here's my review about the PQ. It was ok but not blew me away. It looked like in any lightning scene there blocking of pixels appearing in the screen that make you say -- oh no. There was some scene as well where small fire experienced the same blocking of pixels. At the end of the big explosition, I was expecting more of the same blocking of pixels but there was none. That was weird. If anyone sees it in the West channel can you report if you see the same thing. I'll be interested to know if someone sees the same on on le StarzHD.

I thought this looked much better than it did in my local theatre, and better than the dvd. This was a fun concept movie, which is possibly becoming a triple threat if they do it again (Freddy vs Jason vs Ash-Evil Dead). As much as I love all three series, I don't know if you could successfully do another crossover.