Starz HD East: Hidalgo (WS) 9pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B00005JMOW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Did anyone watch this? If so, was it HD? The guide said not, but I had company tonight and watched something else. Why is it the Saturday Premier Movies seem to be non-HD?

jgantert said:
Definately not HD, but 2.35:1 widescreen.

-John

I was wondering about that, but the widescreen version on STZHD did appear to have a better picture than the fullscreen version on STARZ.
I'll have to look again when it is on Sunday afternoon. I wonder what the point is of showing a new movie on a hd channel not in hd, as well as showing it the regular non-hd channel?

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie -- it was better than I was expecting it to be. I'm not hyper-sensitive about PQ, so it's not being in HD didn't bother me that much -- it still looked okay (but just okay). Now, if I were paying for Starz-HD, that'd be a different story. I'd be downright pissed. But I'm not, so I'm not. :p

TheTimm said:
Now, if I were paying for Starz-HD, that'd be a different story. I'd be downright pissed. But I'm not, so I'm not. :p

Well, that's a nice trick, I wish I could pull that one off (lol). I fell asleep and forgot about watching the movie, or at least looking at it again this afternoon. Either way, it didn't look bad to me, but the widescreen channel did seem better.

As an aside, and ot, I pick orders at a food warehouse third shift and every other week we pick orders for a plant out of Grand Rapids. One of the stores, and one I have picked a number of times, is the Sara Lee thrift store in Warren, MI. Now I know why that place is familiar to me. Small world.

elocs said:
I was wondering about that, but the widescreen version on STZHD did appear to have a better picture than the fullscreen version on STARZ.
I'll have to look again when it is on Sunday afternoon. I wonder what the point is of showing a new movie on a hd channel not in hd, as well as showing it the regular non-hd channel?

Quite possible that the HD version was actually progressive scan (DVD quality) instead of interlaced. It would still make a difference.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts