Starz HD promised by CSR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carpedesign

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
I got a call Friday night from a D* CSR, peddling the Starz package for $8 a mo. Having received this call before, my first response was "Only if Starz HD is available" she stated "In 72 hours it will be available" I said are you sure? She replied with yes, Starz HD, along with the other SD channels. Can anyone else corroborate this? 72 hours would mean a monday launch. Was she just trying to sell me on starz, not sure. We will see Monday.

This was maybe an outside marketing firm. Meaning it would be Monday (72 hours) till you get it turned on. I don't think we will see any more HD till the new sat gets up. We can always hope it will happen sooner.

just make sure you calibrate your TV if your going to watch Stars in HD.....

When a ridiculous and fraudulent promise like this is made, and you are thinking "this is too good to be true," it's usually too good to be true. ALWAYS get a name, extension, and even a supervisor's name, from a CSR who sells you something on the phone. Even if you think the company might be reputable, their CSRs and salespeople often are not, and your primary protection is being able to point an accusing finger at a specific person-it also gives you substantial credibility when you say 'he said' or 'she promised.'

Up until last month, we were charter D* premier package subscribers and also a D* and TiVo Neilsen family. We quit D* for DISH after D* persistently misrepresented their HD package and supposed coming improvements. Their calls trying to get us back are even worse.

We have been very pleasantly surprised with DISH, especially their HD package. All I really wanted was TNT HD, but D* often promises, and never delivers.

Starz HD is not a good HD channel. Even if offer their HD programming is mediocre and most of it is upconvert.

Well, low and behold no Starz HD. So I called the next available CSR, he said I wasn't even activated in the correct way and he would investigate further with corporate. To compensate me he is giving me $15 credit for the next 6 months. I give them credit for that, but question their marketing techniques. I guess I'll have to be more savvy in the future.

Sean Mota said:
Starz HD is not a good HD channel. Even if offer their HD programming is mediocre and most of it is upconvert.

i almost don't want any new HD channels added since it will most likely be robbing existing HD bandwidth.

Yeah, Just so you guys know. Satellite Guys is more likley to find out about HD programming before any csr at Directv will. CSR's are only given info the day of anything, never much of any notice before hand. Some csr's even depend on this website for info for our customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts