Starz on demand question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
I do not subscribe to starz but am thinking about getting it just for the show outlander. That show is on about episode 8. If I get starz will I be able to see episodes that have already aired on starz demand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. It's not one of my series, but it looks like there are 15 episodes of Season One available thru Starz on Demand. Enjoy!

Reactions: Tampa8
FYI, if you subscribe to AT250, you get Starz On Demand without subscribing to Starz...better deal, IMO, considering the extra channels you get in return.

Last edited:
Is this still true? I haven't been able to find any documentation on the Dish Network site showing starz on demand being part of the AT250 package? I'm an outlander fan so this would be important to me next year when Outlander returns. I did call Dish and they said it's not included but I've gotten incorrect info from them before so thought I would ask here. I know it's an old thread!

FYI, if you subscribe to AT250, you get Starz On Demand without subscribing to Starz...better deal, IMO, considering the extra channels you get in return.

You get Starz OnDemand and Starz Cinema.
But I also have Top 250 and Movie Pack, so not sure which one it actually comes with.

Starz CEO Addresses Possibility of Merger http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/starz-ceo-addresses-possibility-merger-823930
"Conversations happen all the time," Chris Albrecht said.Given an opportunity to shoot down speculation that Starz is in merger discussions with AMC Networks, CEO Chris Albrecht didn't bother. In fact, he said Starz is constantly talking about merging with myriad companies."Conversations happen all the time," the Starz CEO said at the Goldman Sachs 24th Annual Communacopia Conference in New York on Wednesday. "I know all the CEOs of these companies, they know me. It's our job to talk about how we might better grow our business."All that being said, he added: "We go to work every day thinking Starz will be a standalone company."Shares of Starz rose 5 percent on Wednesday, after a report surfaced late Tuesday claiming that AMC was in talks to acquire its rival. At the end of trading Wednesday, Starz had a market capitalization of $4.15 billion and an enterprise value of $5.15 billion.Albrecht recalled his time at Time Warner during various mergers, including the catastrophic one with AOL, and he said under previous management the disparate companies within Time Warner didn't work well together, so he'll make sure things go smoother if and when Starz merges with another company."Jeff Bewkes has actually created a lot of value by actually shedding things that were just side by side instead of actually working together," he said of Time Warner's current CEO. "You have to have good strategy, you have to have good reason, you have to have conviction and you have to have great execution when merging," he said.Albrecht also spoke of Starz and its Encore channel having a big appetite for acquiring older content, and that classic westerns are especially popular on the latter network."Gunsmoke is alive and well on Encore, as is Have Gun — Will Travel," he said. "Encore is important to Starz and we're going to make sure that it stays healthy."He also lamented, though, a digital deal Starz struck seven years ago that wasn't nearly as lucrative as it should have been and that simultaneously gave a big boost to what has become a major competitor."Starz had its ill-conceived deal, that you could argue was very instrumental in making Netflix Netflix," he said.
If in wrong place please move and I apologize!! :)

I don't know about now because my receivers are not hooked up to the internet at the moment, but I thought Top250 got you Starz on demand by way of Encore. It's been a long while since I used on demand so not certain.

I don't know about now because my receivers are not hooked up to the internet at the moment, but I thought Top250 got you Starz on demand by way of Encore. It's been a long while since I used on demand so not certain.
No, there is a seperate option for encore on demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)