Starz To Offer Download Movie Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe im crazy but i remember starz having this for awhile, where you pay a flat rate and you could download the movies to your pc. however the streaming starz channel is new

So you can play them back and keep them for as long as you want for that $9.99 per month? I would have thought that it would have been a little cheaper though but some would not see that any different than the dvd's you can rentunlimited DVD's for a flat monthly fee. With the Starz deal is that you can record them and get any movie at any time you want. It would be better than DVR in that you would get the movie quicker instead of having to wait for it. It would be worth it if they have a good selection. I imagine some would get it for a month or two and get a bunch of movies then once they are done watching them order it again.

This is what I was waiting to see before I fully told everyone. The Starz Ticket service couldn't allow playback from portable or other non-computer playback devices. In the future all DirecTV DVR (non Tivo) products and the new DirecTV 2Go portable playback device will get this service for free if you order the Starz SuperPak premium channel from DirecTV as you do today. This will require an active internet connection to the DVRs in question or the HMC products. Once the movie is downloaded on the DVR box it can be copied from the DVR to the portable player via USB2.0.

If you remember reading in my other threads about this ability this will be the service that will be built into the DVR products from DirecTV so you can use your DVR and browse a VOD type listing from the internet on a special interactive channel. This is the best DirecTV can do with VOD for the next few years and DirecTV is talking with other premium channels such as HBO for these offerings. DirecTV is even considering charging an extra 6.95/month like cable companies if that would pay the bandwidth costs for say HBO and Showtime. Right now its about getting this available to customers and if that means paying the bandwidth costs to get it or not having it at all than that is what it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)