Starz Video On Demand

I don't think this has anything to do with the ethernet connection. I tuned to the channel (on 622) and a dish interactive application came up. Since I don't subscribe to Starz it siad if I subscribe I could watch the movie (Grindhouse) for free.

Unplugged my enet cable and everything still works, but granted I didn't subscribe to watch the movie.

I don't think this has anything to do with the ethernet connection. I tuned to the channel (on 622) and a dish interactive application came up. Since I don't subscribe to Starz it siad if I subscribe I could watch the movie (Grindhouse) for free.

Unplugged my enet cable and everything still works, but granted I didn't subscribe to watch the movie.

I confirm that an ethernet connection is not required(unlike what I had previously speculated), the movies are apparently downloaded to your disk. To view them for free you must be subscribed to Starz.

I guess it will take some time to populate with programs. I see 3 movies on one 622, but only 1 movie on another, and none on my last. The one currently showing no movies is the only one I connected to the internet.

The movies are only SD versions. And the controls are slightly different than normal. Notably a problem I would like to see them fix is that the aspect control on the 622 doesn't work. Since at least these first movies are letterbox, it would be nice to be able to zoom them with my 622's.

i pay for starz but i have no movies there now and i do have a old receiver

but it is nice to see something new, lol

WHEW! I was a little worried about the ethernet. I had to hook it up because for some reason, they said my receiver wasn't calling in. But, I'm on Wildblue, so downloading 3 or 4 movies a week would be a problem!

anyone else watch any of the current movies on starz ondemand

I watched 'Next' on Stars On Demand 4 days before it even showed on the regular stars channel.

I also have that Halle Berry/Bruce Willis movie on there.

Anyone else think this is a useless service that wastes disk space and will never offer enough selection to be attractive? Is Dish ever going to implement free VOD via ethernet like D*? They currently offer PPV's via broadband so I know they can do it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts