Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I received a letter from my Attorney General's office indicated that this is happening all over the U.S. in which people are being sent letters in which were thought to have bought a car in which did not get a branded title. I was told that a vehicle that I purchased was considered a total loss previously before I bought my vehicle but it was not branded correctly and needs to be inspected to determine what gets put on the title to be rebranded. I know that I have had some bugs with the car such as the horn would not honk, air bag light comes on from time to time, security system goes haywire going down the road, check engine and anti-lock brake light remains on, among other things. It was sold as is to me from a car lot in Ohio.

I was supposed to be told if the car was wrecked/totaled before and such from what I have read and heard but the title does not indicate that it was. They had an NADA value of a little over $6,000 for the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST on the letter and that the settlement would be for around $1,600 could be less could be more depending on how many people want to send in the form to collect. State Farm settled for $40 million with the State Attorney General offices across the U.S. If I sign the release then I cannot sue State Farm. I think I deserve my money back for the vehicle and for them to take the vehicle back. I am wanting to settle with State Farm out of court for more than what they WANT to give to me. I thought that it was worth more than $6,000 not long ago when I looked up the value online. It has 86,000 miles on it. It was worth $9,500 when I bought it and I paid $8,500 for it three years ago.

I tried calling the car dealer up but the phone was disconnected in which is what I fear that he could have shut down. If he is bonded then would I be able to collect any money off of him? I dont think the amount of money I receive would cover the loss of value for the vehicle and/or repairs that need to be made as a result of where it had been in an accident previously. I have had a hard time getting in touch with the right person at State Farm to talk to about this. If I get an attorney what are my chances of winning are against this big of a company and shouldn't I deserve a complete refund of my car or be forced to have a car that is a lemon and was previously totaled without a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)