State of things with Dish?

Just remember, the service agreement claims that moving does not void the contract. They are within their rights to charge you if you cancel due to NLOS. It's based off the original address(Dish is the same)

That is pretty much the opposite of what folks in the DirecTV forums said. In any case, if I cannot get LOS, and I have to pay the ETF, I will just add that to the already large cost of moving.

Just remember, the service agreement claims that moving does not void the contract. They are within their rights to charge you if you cancel due to NLOS. It's based off the original address(Dish is the same)
And a customer has a right to call consumer affairs and the attorney general's office

And a customer has a right to call consumer affairs and the attorney general's office
They do, however keep in mind a move is a material change that is made by the consumer and the other side of the contract(the company) had no say. That is precisely why it is based on the original address.

If there is a signed contract can the AG really do anything about it?
They have in the past..really depends on the state..consumer affairs can move mountains..usually by a good faith move on the part of the corporation..not suggesting lawsuits or any wrong doing but they do a very good job of mediating disputes so that all parties are satisfied

Those contracts are pretty one sided and not worth the paper they're written on nor the bytes of hard drive space they're stored on.
It may be in the terms of service, but it's just bad business and can lead to bad publicity. If there is definitely NLOS verified by an installer, then the companies shouldn't fight it.

My in-laws moved to a new home a few weeks ago and had NLOS, the installer made note of it and they called Dish and cancelled without any problems about the remaining contract from their upgrade last year from 722 to HWS.

If there's NLOS, why did you move there? I always check for LOS before I even go inside a home I might buy.

;)
:oldwink

Ha! True. We actually chose the house largely based on the nice, wooded lot. The fact that it looked like Dish was an option made me less concerned.

There was a thread here earlier regarding Dish's lawsuit against streamers using KODI for pirated movies and TV shows. Will this type of thing pose a serious threat to Dish going forward?

There was a thread here earlier regarding Dish's lawsuit against streamers using KODI for pirated movies and TV shows. Will this type of thing pose a serious threat to Dish going forward?
Quite the contrary. Kodi community is heading for the hills/falling apart.

Well I have a HWS and downloaded the Carbon UI when it was in Beta, I never really had any issues with it. I have a HWS and a Super Joey with no issues, well other than I was still using a DPP44 from when I had a 722k
somebody got lazy and just hooked up the Hopper nodes to the DPP44 worked for the longest time, until recently either a software upgrade or the switch malfunctioned, anyhow all is fine now and no complaints, other than price. If it ain't free or less than $50 per month then I'm always gonna be complaining about price.

Quite the contrary. Kodi community is heading for the hills/falling apart.
Maybe you better check that. Looks to be very strong. I just wondered if the cost of a lawsuit will hinder progress. I certainly hope not but things change so fast anymore. It wasn't that long ago there was no Netflix, or Amazon or, or 4K, or the ability to stream at all. Take the new Star Trek TV show. It's a CBS production but it will not be available on regular CBS.

Reactions: littlecloud319
So, the question is, if I go with Dish, which Joey's should I get? I know I would likely need a wireless joey in the kitchen as there is no coax. There appears to be wired ethernet, but I have no idea at this point what kind of cable it is. Based on the age of the house, it might only be Cat. 5. The bedroom has 1 coax connection, but would it be any better to get a wireless Joey there too? Aside from the 4K Joey, which considered the best Joeys?

Also, a re-ask of a previously stated question, is it possible to use the Amazon Fire TV with the Sling app to fill-in for a Joey? I'd rather pay the extra $$ up front to avoid the on-going cost if it is a reasonable solution/

Thanks,
Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts