Statement from HBO Regarding Cinemax on Dish Network.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have noticed over the past few weeks, all references to Cinemax have been removed from the Dish Network website at dishnetwork.com.

Things have been cleaned so much of the Cinemax name that if you search for Cinemax on the Dish Network website you are shown information about Starz.

Nor can you order Cinemax from the Dish Network website. (You can still order by calling Dish Network)

I have been working to get some kind of official statement from HBO and Dish Network regarding this situation and have just received the following statement from an HBO Spokesperson.

"We’re surprised that Echostar has taken Cinemax off its website. As the second most highly-rated pay service behind HBO, Cinemax is enjoyed by millions of Echostar viewers. We’ve experienced healthy growth through the years and hope Echostar will continue to market the service."

We have not received a statement from Echostar as of press time, but if we hear anything we will pass it along.

Maybe they're playing a little hardball trying to get a better deal for CinemaxHD carriage? Sort of a "you want us to sell your channels, well, give us a reason to sell the whole kit, including HD, at a good rate/margin for Dish"...

There is still a dead link on the Dish site.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

On this page, scroll over "Programming", down to "Movies" and you will see the four channels (including Cinemax). When you click on the link, you get a "Page not Found" error.

Following the same sequence on the main page, there are only 3 channels listed.

Not anything "breaking", just a little factoid.

I was wondering why cinemax references have been removed?

why???

they still offer the channels right? this is really silly

Scott, as soon as things calm down a little, can you persue this with your Dish contacts?

I talked to her yesterday about it, this entire DNS stuff has her so flooded, she did promise to look into it for me and get back to me.

I can still get all 5 Cinemax channels. Do you mean Dish is not going to offer Cinemax in the near future? If so, will I get a rebate or what? I wish I could just get HBO and Showtime in high def without the others stand def channels. I am beginning to see what others have been saying about Dish and its programming--here today; gone tomorrow; back again at higher price. Didn't Dish have something about the cable companies being "pigs" not too long ago?

All Max is there

All the max channels are still there. They are just not offering it as an additional premium channel now. We are all guessing what E* is going to do. Mine is it is going to be rolled into the HBO pack. Showtime pack has TMC, & Flix. If it is done then E* & HBO can claim it has the largest movie pack of any of the premium packages.

All the max channels are still there. They are just not offering it as an additional premium channel now. We are all guessing what E* is going to do. Mine is it is going to be rolled into the HBO pack. Showtime pack has TMC, & Flix. If it is done then E* & HBO can claim it has the largest movie pack of any of the premium packages.

THey can also charge more for it too and force you to pay it to get Hbo whether you want the Cinemax channels or not. I think they will roll Cinemax into Hbo as well. Hbo is already the highest priced now at 14.99 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)