Statement from HBO Regarding Cinemax on Dish Network.

THey can also charge more for it too and force you to pay it to get Hbo whether you want the Cinemax channels or not. I think they will roll Cinemax into Hbo as well. Hbo is already the highest priced now at 14.99 a month.
I pay just 2 bucks a month for MAX as an HBO sub with AT120...About two years ago I got a call from Dish asking me if I wanted Max....I initially said no. Butthen the CSR mentioned it was just two dollars more per month, I jumped on it...Still paying the two bucks..Cinemax is really HBO with the late nite "B" movies...It's crap, really...

There is still a dead link on the programming page..

Attachments

• CINEMAX.jpg
    CINEMAX.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 190
I give Echostar credit, even though they have no networks under their wing they really stand alone in these disputes. It's nice to have someone take a chance in standing up to someone about price increases.
Time Warner knows if Dish gets their way with Cinemax, that means they will loose a lot of revenue generated from Cinemax being a separate and combined with HBO. If Dish wins, then other providers win as well because Time Warner will have no choice at that moment but to bundle Cinemax in with HBO like TMC w/ Showtime.

E* sometimes reminds me of Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. E* just keeps standing up again no matter how many times it gets knocked down. Distants, Tivo, price wars with networks, just keeps getting up no matter how much damage it endures, no matter how bloodied and bruised it gets. On the other hand, it's not a pretty sight.

Here's what I got in the mail if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Attachments

• dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 320
  • dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 296
There is still a dead link on the programming page..

I'm also thinking that is a cached page on your computer. The Cinemax link is not there on either of my computers or on either browser. (IE, FireFox).

E* sometimes reminds me of Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. E* just keeps standing up again no matter how many times it gets knocked down. Distants, Tivo, price wars with networks, just keeps getting up no matter how much damage it endures, no matter how bloodied and bruised it gets. On the other hand, it's not a pretty sight.

Luke died in the end.

How would you like to go to your kids career day at school and explain that what you do for a living is black out references to Cinemax on flyers?

How would you like to go to your kids career day at school and explain that what you do for a living is black out references to Cinemax on flyers?

It's probably better than saying you star in movies on Cinemax. :D

It's probably better than saying you star in movies on Cinemax. :D

According to a poll that was referenced on the radio here in Philadelphia recently, more male students in college would rather star in those movies than become doctors or lawyers. How come these new generations are smarter than my generation? :D

On November 15th, EchoStar filed a Program Access Complaint with the FCC against HBO. HBO requested that all details be kept confidential and the FCC has agreed with that request. (As a result, this is all we will ever know about this.)

I think everyone should know what the complaint was about. I guess HBO wanted it to be kept quite because it could impact them across the board with all providers. I would about guess the price increase along with NOT bundling Cinemax w/ HBO for the same price might have something to do with it. If it comes to the point that Cinemax is pulled off, the truth will reveal it's ugly head on what's going on.

Oh that smell

The smell is Corp greed. Time Warner is squeezing HBO to push providers for $$. Now HBO doesn't want the general public finding out that it is about to change it's offerings setup. E* doesn't like the new rules so it's pushin back. Next we may see other providers that are big enuff playing the same game and we will see if T/W does have the push or if maybe pricing push will be slowed. Contract renewal times can be "real fun". 2nd possiblity is HBO is going to pull the Viacom trick and roll everything together and again it will be $$ push. The lawyers will love it either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)