Static with 2nd set

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I almost forgot to ask about this, what with the problems with the 622, but I am also now having a problem with my shared SD box (don't have model info with me-- only had it 2 or 3 months, so I guess it's the latest).

On the shared tuner, I get picture just fine, but all audio is static. Was working fine last week. Audio on the "main" TV is fine.

Any basic troubleshooting I can do? Is this a known issue?

Thanks, as always!

Well 1st power down the receiver then unplug it for about 5 minutes then see if that clears up the audio issue. 2nd might check your audio cables make sure they have a good connection and if you have some extra try a different pair of audio cables.

Thanks, Poke. Will do when I get home. Only cable is the coax, but I will check it.

I checked all connections when I got home. All solid. I swapped out the coax for another also. I also turned the Dish box off and unplugged for 5 minutes, tbutthe 2nd set still shows normal picture but static instead of audio.

Change the channel on the second TV then go back to the original channel and see if you have both audio and video. The AFC on the TV may not be locking onto the satellite output signal.

I had the exact same problem with my 622. It started happening after having it for about 2 months. I hooked up a TV2 directly up to the 622 TV2's output with a short cable to prove it wasn't a cabling issue with my house. The static seems to increase with heat. We turn the heat down downstairs and there was no static when the 622 was cold, but it increased as the 622 warmed up.

That being said I called Dish and asked for a replacement and the new one doesn't have this problem.

Same thing here it seems to be a problem with 622's over heating.

Same thing here it seems to be a problem with 622's over heating.

I wouldn't call it overheating. My 622 sits on a shelf with open sides and 3 inches open above as well. Also, its cold outside here and I keep my heat at or under 70 degrees. The problem may manifest itself as the unit WARMS up but it is clearly a faulty unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)