Station "Chit-Chat" on Newsfeeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Is it possible to receive the station "chit-chat" (from control room to the remote reporter) I think it is referred to as the IRB (??) on the newsfeeds. If it can be done, how does one do it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

usually not.....just the remote feeds

which are hilarious sometimes

one of the hurricanes was coming and a lady said off camera (for the public but not FTA people)

"We better go live quick because this wind is ruining my hair"

uh, lady...there's a FREAKIN hurricane less than 5 miles from you.

Hey, that was fast...thanks Iceberg. Too bad they can't be heard..I bet there are some real interesting conversations when you can hear both sides.

exactly....wish we could.

I liked the one day a reporter from a Seattle loc said (between shots..must have been a video showing)

"Will you tell that f***ing kid to get out of my shot!"

CLASSIC!

Sometimes you can hear the "other" side of the conversation if the reporter has his or her mic close to the earpiece.

I've also heard both sides of cell phone conversations, when the reporter has the phone and mic close ...

Some use Nextel's in walkie-talkie mode, as well ...

If only my wife had more patience for my feed-hunting ...

THought I'd chip in. I work at a TV station and am a new FTA junkie. They signal sent back to the reporters ear is via cell phone...therefore you can't usually hear that conversation because its not over the satellite. And the earpiece is called an IFB or Interrupt Fold Back.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the inside information I often wondered how it was done!

On the old NFL C-band feeds, before Sunday ticket... I remember hearing the announcers Bs' ing( they had live mikes) until someone screwed up and it went national... then they started having cold mikes :) Same with evening news....

Hey Peter, this is Brian Scheffler and I bought my equipment from you. Just thought I'd let you know.

COOL, I have written to a few TV stations this week asking if they need help, I would LOVE to work in a SNG truck : ) It would be great to watch the feeds : )

Yeah, I'm actually a senior in highschool and I would love to be a SNG truck operator or a remote producer in trucks. I definitely want to do somehting satellite TV related, and would love to be a SNG operator.

Open mikes during backhaul breaks virtually came to an end in the early 90s when Dick Vital, who else, made a racial/IQ comment about an Indiana player (who will remain names less, PM me if you really want to know) on ESPN. It caused quite a uproar here in the Boilermaker state. IQ comment was right on, racial comment was way out of line. :no

I once heard Madden warn Summerall that he had gas, Pat was grateful. :D

I was just watching a live shot for Fox News on IA6 and the reporter started talking and then he started to stumble on his words. When he was done he said that "mix-minus would have been nice." More TV jargin for you there...this means that he was hearing himself in his ear, which isn't supposed to happen. Fox headquarters should have sent everything to his ear except for his own audio. Just thought I'd post that for anyone who has heard that before.

Brian, you're aware of the second audio track on Fox News on IA6, right? If not, check it out, pretty interesting. And wxman1, this audio track comes pretty close to what you're looking for. :)

It's not available during all shows, but most of them have it.

TuxCoder said:
Brian, you're aware of the second audio track on Fox News on IA6, right? If not, check it out, pretty interesting. And wxman1, this audio track comes pretty close to what you're looking for. :)

It's not available during all shows, but most of them have it.

You know, I would love to hear that, but I cannot manage to get Fox News no matter what I try.

Suggestions ?

It's a VERY VERY weak transponder on IA6. I usually pull it in at about 35, not much better, and that was only after I tuned my dish very carefully to get all sats in the strongest. I'd just suggest you do the same, be very careful and tune your dish a little more. I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking your dish tuning ability... :)

... Edited, new info ...
Actually I have 45% quality right now, peaking at 49. And just the other day I started screwing with the dish mount and couldn't finish, so the dish is likely not even tuned the best it could be, at the moment. So the outlook is not as bleak for those of you wanting to listen in on the "director's cut" of FNC. However I haven't been over there in a couple weeks so I hope they are still airing that audio. Currently there's still at least the second APID but no sound (like I said, it's not present on all programming).
... I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion thread ...

TuxCoder said:
It's a VERY VERY weak transponder on IA6. I usually pull it in at about 35, not much better, and that was only after I tuned my dish very carefully to get all sats in the strongest. I'd just suggest you do the same, be very careful and tune your dish a little more. I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking your dish tuning ability... :)

That's OK ! Knock away ... I usually have my Dad at the dish and me inside with the walkie-talkies. (It's my house, too ... I have to pry him away from his house to help so I try not to do it too often !)

I'm going to try to add a circular polarization LNB before it gets too cold. I'll try and tweak the tuning then.

Thanks !

What is the Freq, Polarity, and SR along with PIDS for Fox News on IA6?

I have tried to get it many times using what is listed on lyngsat but my receiver never syncs up on it. It's a BEC DBS-1000.

Thanks

Wholeshoe

Tuxcoder...I am all "ears" . How do I pick up the second audio track on some of the IA6 transponders?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)