stationary ground mount for a 12 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

misterpaul

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a stationary ground mount for a 12 feet mesh dish and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where I could find one online. skyvision has one for about 700 usd, which is a bit pricery.

Thanks,
Paul

I would look around on top of buildings and see if you can find a dish. Most of those are on non-penetrating roof mounts - I know there are many out there that are not being used any more.

In particular, any C-band antenna sitting on top of a hotel has almost surely been abandoned. They will probably let you have it if you just remove it.

For what it is worth, the employees might not even know if their dish is still being used. You can usually figure it out by checking their current channel lineup. If they have channels that are not found on G14, then the dish has probably been abandoned.

One ther snag is that technically, the dish might belong to LodgeNet or OnCommand. They don't give a damn who takes their dish, but the hotel ownership/management won't necessarily know for sure whether the owner of such a dish is willing to give it up.

If the building is a motel and only two or three stories high, you should bring some clothesline rope and use it to lower pieces that might weigh twenty to thiirty pounds down the side of the building. That is a lot faster than carting them down the stairs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)