Status of Additional Movie HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Any Word on Status of Additional Movie HD Channels?

Now that D* has added Brave HD and some foot all games in HD, do we have to wait to the end of football season to get any HD movie channels like Starz, MAX, etc. These 3-4 channels would make me very happy and satisfy my HD need for a while.

If anyone has any info they can share on a timetable, I would appreciate hearing from them. Hopefully we won't have to wait until the new satellites are launched to get these.

The ABC, NBC, CBS HD feeds don;t do me much good as I am not eligible to get them them here in Orlando and the locals will not issue waivers.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Unfortunately, I don't have any insight on future HD Movies Channels on D*. However, I reside in Oviedo, Florida and have recently applied for waivers from the local stations.

From reading your note, I guess my chance of being granted a waiver is slim and none?

Let me know.

rdyoung, I struck out a few times with D* trying to get the CBS feed. Don't hold out much hope for ABC and NBC as they are not owned and operated stations. The only O & O in town is Fox 35. But I would try if I were you. If you have more success then me, please let me know. Good luck!

Personally, I would much prefer InHD 1&2 along with TNT HD.
And then the RSNs' broadcasting HD games (even if they were only available to folks who buy the out of market packages).
Then, and only then, more premium movie channels.
Let us never forget that Starz did everything it could -- up to the middle of last year -- to delay or even derail the entire HD transition. Starz could present movies in HD the day they opened in theaters and I wouldn't want to pay them a penny.
If you want all the permium movie channels they are available with VOOM right now.

I want Starz I think that they are improving every day. It would be a very good addition to their HD lineup. INHD 1 and 2 would also be a great addition and would fit well into their HD pack...which right now needs all the help it could get.

vinnyv07 said:
I want Starz I think that they are improving every day. It would be a very good addition to their HD lineup. INHD 1 and 2 would also be a great addition and would fit well into their HD pack...which right now needs all the help it could get.

I get Starz HD thru Cablevision. at first it was terrible and I was getting ready to cancel, then all of a sudden they got their act together. It's not perfect but they play a lot of different movies than HBO and Showtime and most are in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)