StealthRay Ku band 2-way antenna

Robert Brown

Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
UK
Do you guys know about StealthRay Ku band outdoor receiver unit produced by RaySat?

It seems to be an antenna in a shape of a flat round table installed on cars or trains so that passengers could have Internet access even when the vehicle is moving and at rural area.

I heard that its price could reach $100,000. Is it a joke? any information about its price/ products feature/ suppliers' contact?

Thank you!

Thank you for replies!

You guys mention that it could be very very very expensive. Is it a pionner technology with no comparable product? How could it be so expensive?

No second choice then?

I found a big price expectation gap! The link below claimed that SpeedRay 3000 from RaySat just costs around $3,500! And it seems to be under mass production. Nowadays such technology seems to be quite common. It looks smart and great!

http://tv-over-satellite.blogspot.com/

Is what the link quotes possible? anybody knows about the price?

Thank you!

I am so frustrated here. It seems that nobody got an idea about that Raysat SpeedRay3000 antenna. Would this turn to be a hot topic if it just costs $3,500?

You might have better luck in one of the other forums. This appears to be a mobile internet antenna, not a Dish Network antenna (this is the Dish Network forum). Perhaps the broadband forum. Also once it is released some owners will probably start to comment.

Supposedly handles DBS as well.

To answer the question, no I am not excited by this thing, even at $3000. Fixed mount dishes are sub ~$100, so why would anybody pay more unless they really really need it to work while moving? Even if you did "need" mobile satellite viewing, most people could get by with a gyro-stabilized steerable antenna. Obviously if you want to see TV while flying, then a really compact phased array is just the ticket.

I've read a while back where there have been mobile broadband satellite dishes (looks like a bubble on top of someone's roof of their vehicle) that could be had for around the price range of $2,000 - $4,000 (couldnt remember exact price).

I've read a while back where there have been mobile broadband satellite dishes (looks like a bubble on top of someone's roof of their vehicle) that could be had for around the price range of $2,000 - $4,000 (couldnt remember exact price).
like a bubble .... my auto will no longer look smart

the appearence of a dish-like one is more decent

So let's be clear: the StealthRay is a Ku-band, receive-only satellite antenna that ALSO has 2-way WiFi capabilities. That's why it's only $3,500.

An actual 2-way mobile satellite antenna (i.e., it can SEND information TO the satellites, as well as receive) is going to be $100,000 or more, minimum.