Steelers Win!!!!!

Scooby2,

I had last heard that the Lions were "interviewing " Russ during the week.
So have you heard definatly that he is leaving to go to Detroit ?

Millen make another pick of one of HIS BUDDIES to coach for him, Millen should have been gone a long time ago.

I really thought they would actually bring in someone that has actual HEAD COACHING experience this time

Jimbo

cdru said:
Good job Steelers. You beat us...and you played smash mouth football. Troy Palawhatever deserves every accolate he gets for the way he plays safety.

cdru,

i just got home, i WAS going to start a gloatfest, but.

nice game indy, even in defeat dungy was a class act, probably from being a product of the steeler system.

i really could have seen less of peyton crying on the sideline.

hats off to you indy fans, great season, im sure we will meet again.

and cdru, you are true to your word and a gentleman.

bigmarkhd said:
Everygame this playoffs has had very controversial calls and something needs to be changed in the rulebooks or something.It would have never been uch a nail biter today if they would not have over turned the interception.Anybody can clearly see it was a good interception i agree i think someone has been paying off the offcials.Thank god we won and thanks to big ben for saving that touchdown after the bettis fumble.In my eyes he saved the day.I only wish he could have cam out in the second have and played like he did in the first quarter.I think that hit he took on the arm really hamperd him from throwing after that.If you noticed he throw just a few trimes after that hit and all his throws were way off compared to the first half.To speak about the officaiting crew again they have allready messed up a call in the chicago game as gae caught that ball and fumbled and peppers ran it in for the td.Something must be done soon or the superbowl will be a mess.GO steelers!!!

Yes Big Ben saved the game. Quite a play he made.
I think Ben got a bit banged up on that play your talking about, but I also think the coaching staff does not want to pass the ball much when they have a good lead, they want to run the time off the clock.
So I think some of the lack of passing in the 2nd half was by design.

Ben is much better than the MEDIA gives him credit for. (I've been watching him play for the last 6 years now. He's from Findlay right down the road.

The media seem to think he can't throw more than 24 times and win ... Some day he will have to throw to win a game, and he will.

He has definatly matured in the past year.

Yes the officials need to do a whole lot better.
Troy's play was awesome, no doubt about it (interception). I thought Cowher was going to review the previous interception by Troy, It too looked like it was a good catch, but Troy didn't say much about it. so I guess he must not have caught it.

Now that is the DEFENSE we all have come to expect.
Playing like that, we may be seeing Jerome in Motown !!! :up

Jimbo

Purogamer said:
College Replay needs to be implemented, i'm tired of the rules saying you can't challenge things, and I'm tired of refs bias determining what the ruling is. Enough already.

I disagree that the league wanted another Indy/NE game, as the AFC championship was never scheduled for prime time, meanwhile NE always plays in prime time...

Don't feel bad for Dungy, this is what he does. Year after he left TB they won their Superbowl, maybe now that indy is built and strong it would be the right thing for them to do and send tony packing...Guy is jinxed...

NO NO NO......
Did you actually see the officiating in the bowl games ?
It was ten times worse.

Maybe tweak the pro's system, but leave the decision to review up to the coaches.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Scooby2,
I had last heard that the Lions were "interviewing " Russ during the week.
So have you heard definatly that he is leaving to go to Detroit ?
Millen make another pick of one of HIS BUDDIES to coach for him, Millen should have been gone a long time ago.
I really thought they would actually bring in someone that has actual HEAD COACHING experience this time
Jimbo
Yeah my wife's cousin is married to a Lion exec. I guess he (the Lion exec) was bragging about having Grimm signed/sealed/delivered to be coach already at the baby shower for his wife today.

You are right about Millen. He should have been gone. Crappy ownership leads to crappy management I guess. Luckily Steeler fans do not have to worry about that. The Rooney's are one of the original NFL families and are very well respected.

scooby2 said:
Yeah my wife's cousin is married to a Lion exec. I guess he (the Lion exec) was bragging about having Grimm signed/sealed/delivered to be coach already at the baby shower for his wife today.

You are right about Millen. He should have been gone. Crappy ownership leads to crappy management I guess. Luckily Steeler fans do not have to worry about that. The Rooney's are one of the original NFL families and are very well respected.

Do you know who the exec is ???
Another bad choice for the Lions, I have no problem with Grimm...as a coach, but he has never been a Head Coach, Detroit needs a big time coach to change thier direction.
Maybe Grimm will be able to get an offensive line to block ....maybe.

Yes Detroit has not won since ...what 1956 ? and the only thing that hasn't changed is the owners, although I thought that might change when the son took over.

Jimbo

Hell of an ending there Steelers fan!!! :up

Nice save by Ben R. (I won't even try to spell his last name name :) ) at the end. Would have been a terrible play for Bettis to end his carreer on!!!

DWS44 said:
Hell of an ending there Steelers fan!!! :up
Nice save by Ben R. (I won't even try to spell his last name name :) ) at the end. Would have been a terrible play for Bettis to end his carreer on!!!

roethlisburger:devil:

Jimbos said:
Do you know who the exec is ???
Another bad choice for the Lions, I have no problem with Grimm...as a coach, but he has never been a Head Coach, Detroit needs a big time coach to change thier direction.
Maybe Grimm will be able to get an offensive line to block ....maybe.
Yes Detroit has not won since ...what 1956 ? and the only thing that hasn't changed is the owners, although I thought that might change when the son took over.
Jimbo
Sorry for the slow response. Yeah I know who the exec is. I guess its in violation of the NFL tampering rules if it officially goes out. I will say his name is on the following webpage.
http://www.detroitlions.com/section_display.cfm?section_id=29&top=1&level=3

delan,
to the entire steeler nation, i apologise.
it is ROETHLISBERGER.
i deserve a dozen lashes with a salt water soaked TERRIBLE TOWEL:eek:

Yes it looks like it will be Morelli from Tampa Bay.

I don't know much about him, otherthan what was mentioned on ESPN
Defensive line coach .... Not an offense or defensive coordinator ...Hmmm
Sorta sounded like he has as much experience as a head coach as Russ Grimm, which is the only reason I really didn't want him,but either would be better than Haslett.

Haslett needs to go back to being a Great Defensive Coordinator

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Yes it looks like it will be Morelli from Tampa Bay.
I don't know much about him, otherthan what was mentioned on ESPN
Defensive line coach .... Not an offense or defensive coordinator ...Hmmm
Sorta sounded like he has as much experience as a head coach as Russ Grimm, which is the only reason I really didn't want him,but either would be better than Haslett.
Haslett needs to go back to being a Great Defensive Coordinator
Jimbo

i hope this MORELLI can coach better than his namesake can referee
,,,,, or at least see better:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)