Stephen King Future Projects

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
If there are any King fans out there,I thought I would post this thread.Desperation is being touted as a feature movie,not a miniseries for ABC network.It will air on Thursday,May 18,2006 at 8PM,ET.Nightmares & Dreamscapes:From The Stories Of Stephen King will begin as 8 one hour episodes,to be aired on TNT this summer,no dates confirmed yet.This limited series is based on King's 1993 anthology of 20 short stories.On another note,King is working with Marvel Comics to produce a series of comic books inspired by and adapted from his Dark Tower novels.This info is from King's official website.If any other King fans have any info of future works,please feel free to post a reply.:up :)

Thanks for the info! I don't have any info on future works, but since he's going to have some new stuff on tv I'll have to watch it. BTW have you read one of his newest ones, Cell?

kresston said:
Thanks for the info! I don't have any info on future works, but since he's going to have some new stuff on tv I'll have to watch it. BTW have you read one of his newest ones, Cell?
You're quite welcome.I haven't read Cell yet,my girlfriend has it,she is reading it currently.:)

I haven't gotten to read Cell yet either. My mom read it and said it was really good. She's into Dean Kootz and the like. Personally I prefer King, and James Patterson, with a few others threw in. Just curious but what is you fav book/movie? Mine's Christine, and From a Buick 8.

I am currently listening to 'Cell' as an Audible book. It's very similary to The Stand except for one key aspect which i will not spoil.
I have found it a lost easier to listen to books instead of reading them. That makes my daily 2 hour commute a lot more productive.

My fave King book is 'Salem's Lot,fave movie,that's a tough one,lots to choose from indeed.The Green Mile and Misery come to mind at the top of that list for me.

Eli Roth answers Stephen King's Cell

From www.videoeta.com Hostel director Eli Roth has been tapped by Dimension to direct the adaptation of the Stephen King novel,Cell.In the book,a world-wide pulse sent out via cell phones turns people into murderous zombies.Roth will segue into Cell when he finishes his work on Hostel 2.Hostel 2 is set for a theatrical bow later this year.

Future Film Projects-Dates TBD

The following is a list of future movie projects,no dates have been released yet.This info is from King's official site.1.Bag Of Bones 2.The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon 3.The Mist 4.The Sun Dog ( I remember reading somewhere some time ago that this would be an IMAX film,can't recall where I saw that info at).

Favorite book - The Stand (The mini-series wasn't bad - Have on DVD)

Favorite Movie(s) - The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, The Dead Zone, The Shinning

Guilty Pleasure - Maximum Overdrive (Hilarious!!):D

Most Disturbing Book - Pet Sematary (The movie doesn't even come close).

NightRyder

Another novel that I would like to see put on film is Gerald's Game,if they would stick pretty close to the book itself.Another rumor that I have seen floating around is that Stephen King's Gotham Cafe is apparently in the works to be made into a movie.This has already been made into a short film.It is based on his short story,Lunch At The Gotham Cafe.

I found these updates on www.imdb.com 1:The Talisman (2007) in production.2:Black House (2006) announced.3:From A Buick 8 (2006) pre-production.4:1408 (2006) pre-production.5:Creepshow (2006) pre-production.6:Nightmares And Dreamscapes:From The Mind Of Stephen King (2006) filming.It also lists The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon under pre-production,but with a date of 2005.In regards to the Creepshow listing,I had read somewhere sometime ago that Creepshow 3 was being filmed and may already be finished filming by now.No idea of a release date for it though.There is a long listing on the imdb site in regards to King's info.If you visit the site,type Stephen King into their search section.

Favorite reads: toss up between The Stand & IT, both great stories. The movies were good too but as usual, they can't top the original book.

Actually as for his movies, I gotta go with the original Salem's Lot - but it's gotta be the original, un-cut version, which I do have on DVD. It's become an annual Halloween watch for my oldest daughter and me.

From a Buick 8 will be a good movie as long as they follow the book. That was a great read for me, so I'm looking forward to the movie. My favorite movies are Christine and Maximum Overdrive so From a Buick 8 will fit in just fine :dev

i loved the dark tower series. i understand alot of kings fans dont? why?? 500 words are less please, spelling and grammar count!

dantheman77 said:
i loved the dark tower series. i understand alot of kings fans dont? why?? 500 words are less please, spelling and grammar count!

To be honest, I have never had the time to read the series. I say if I had the time to I might read the set, plus it would also help if my local library had the entire series too.

kai

yes, i see your point. to read the the whole series now would be a bear. i read them as they were released over the course of , what 20, 25 years.. if you would find the time at some point i think you would find your time weel spent. sorry, dont know how to put in quotes yet kresston

Dan,

That's fine. It's not that I wouldn't want to read them I just don't have the time, being a student doesn't afford much free time, and what little I get is consumed with SatGuys.

Anyways, to do a "quote" in a message just click the "QUOTE" button under the message you want to have quoted. Hopefully that helps ya.

kresston

Quote from King about Desperation TV film

From www.stephenking.com The following is a quote from Mr. King in regards to the upcoming telecast of Desperation on the ABC network."I ordinarily don't comment far in advance on films based on my work,especially TV films,but in the case of Desperation,I am going to make an exception because my old partner in crime,Mick Garris,has produced an extraordinary piece of work,and the ensemble cast is outstanding.Ron Perlman as Collie Entragian will haunt your dreams.You might want to consider making time in May (tentative) for this one,which is when ABC plans to run it.One word of warning:this is TV and it's impossible to tell in advance how much of a given piece of work will be cut.The version of Desperation I saw was graphic and very frightening.This may make the network uneasy." As of this time,it is still scheduled to air on ABC on Thursday,May 18 at 8PM.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes update

I was watching one of the NBA playoff games earlier this evening on TNT.During one of the commercial breaks,there was a commercial advertising "Nightmares & Dreamscapes From The Stories Of Stephen King".The ad stated that it would begin airing this July,no specific day of the month was announced,just sometime in July.I went to TNT's website and searched their site for more info.The following link gives quite a bit more info about this upcoming series. http://www.tnt.tv/title/?oid=612966#

I found an interesting site with alot of King news and updates on it.Here is the link http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/DEADZONE They list a premiere date for Nightmares & Dreamscapes on TNT for Wednesday,July 12 at 9PM (ET/PT) There are some updates and info in regards to Desperation on this site,among many other notes and tidbits of King info.The airdate for Desperation has been moved back by ABC to Tuesday,May 23 instead of Thursday,May 18,according to this site.It also states that Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack will appear in 1408,scheduled to film this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)