Stephen King Future Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
A newly revised official site is coming in the near future from Mr. King. :)
The following link is a sneak preview of what it should look like once it is completed.
Welcome to StephenKing.com
Please note that this is a "preview only page" currently.None of the links or features are working on this page as of now.

'The Mist' DVD coming up Tuesday

Another heads-up to any King fans out there that 'The Mist' will be available to buy or rent this coming Tuesday,March 25,2008. :)

Update time again

King's new official site is now online.It was launched on July 22,2008.

Welcome to StephenKing.com!

"Dolan's Cadillac" is in the works for a future movie project.Christian Slater has been confirmed for the role of Jimmy Dolan.Release date for the film has not been determined yet.
If you go to King's new website and click on the "News" and "Future Works" links,you will find a pretty good list of upcoming projects from Mr. King. :)

sorry i dont have a link for this, but if you do a google, im sure you will find this..... king and jj abrhams(SP?) of lost tv show are talking about making the dark tower a series of movies kind of like the lord of the rings. that would be nice, but tough to pull off i think. that would be more then three movies i would think.

sorry i dont have a link for this, but if you do a google, im sure you will find this..... king and jj abrhams(SP?) of lost tv show are talking about making the dark tower a series of movies kind of like the lord of the rings. that would be nice, but tough to pull off i think. that would be more then three movies i would think.

I just finished reading the dark tower series and was disappointed how it ended. I also don't think it would translate well to a movie. A lot would have to be left out to fit in to a trilogy.

There is a comic book series out called the long road home that covers some of the dark tower journey. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. If you look in the right places you can find digital copies.

Well if anyone can make a king film really work it would be Abrahms or maybe Spielberg or possibly Lucas otherwise I think it all needs to be left alone.

Thanks for the info steve615, I hadn't heard about the Dolan's Cadillac yet.

You're welcome kresston.Trying to keep up with all things "King" is one of my hobbies in my spare time. :)

While I am on here,here is the latest word from the man himself. :)

StephenKing.com - Messages from Stephen

He confirms in the link above that "Dolan's Cadillac" has wrapped production up.
He also states that HBO is supposed to make a mini-series out of "Faithful",the Red Sox book he co-wrote with Stewart O'Nan.

A recent interview with Mr. King,dated 10/23/08.
The date of the interview also happened to mark the 30th anniversary of "The Stand".

Stephen King's God trip | Salon Books

Note:This is a rather lengthy article,3 pages long.

Under The Dome novel due in the fall of 2009

Mr. King is currently in the process of writing a new novel.
The title of the novel is "Under The Dome".
According to his official site,Scribner will publish and release it for sale in the fall of 2009.

Welcome to StephenKing.com!

The link is for the home page of his official site.
Scroll down that page and look for "Latest News" links on the left side of that page.The info in this post should show up as the second entry in his "Latest News" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.