Stephen King Future Projects

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen King's Desperation DVD street date

I found this info at www.dvdempire.com Stephen King's Desperation will be released on DVD on Aug. 29,2006. :up :)

Nightmares & Dreamscapes Update

I received an e-mail from the TNT network today (I had signed up for their SK Nightmares & Dreamscapes newsletter).It confirms that the series will premiere on Wed. July 12 and future shows will air on Wednesdays at 9E/8C time. :up :)

There was no mention in the e-mail in regards to the duration of the series,but,I recall reading an article somewhere online awhile back about this series.If I remember right,there will be 8 shows. :)

Schedule for Nightmares & Dreamscapes series on TNT

The following link from King's official site takes you to a listing of the titles,air dates,encore showings and some pics of the SK Nightmares & Dreamscapes series airing on TNT,beginning on Wed.,July 12 at 9PM ET.The series will run from July 12-August 3.Another note of interest is that the first show in this series will be aired commercial-free. :up :) http://www.stephenking.com/nmd/

DVD release date for Nightmares & Dreamscapes series

Even though TNT is only at the midway point in airing this series,a street date for this DVD title has already been announced.According to videoeta.com,this will be available on October 24,2006. :)

It's been awhile since any updates have been noted on this thread.Here is some more news in regards to King and future projects.TNT will team with executive producres Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy and DreamWorks Television for a six-hour miniseries adaptation of The Talisman,scheduled to air on the cable network during summer 2008.HBO Video,through Warner Home Video,will release Creepshow 3 on May 15th.Neither King nor George Romero were involved in this production,which features five new inter-connected tales of horror.The DVD arrives unrated,with a retail of $19.98.Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden have joined Thomas Jane in Frank Darabont's production of The Mist.Shooting is scheduled to begin in mid to late February in Shreveport,LA for a tentative November release.1408 will premiere July 13th,according to Dimension.The movie will preview at Fangoria's Weekend Of Horrors in Chicago the weekend of February 23rd.More news and notes at the following link. http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/DeadZone

More updates

Well,it has been awhile since this thread has been visited.Here are some more updates on King and his current/future projects.John Mellencamp has been spending some time with King lately.The two are collaborating on a musical play,titled "The Ghost Brothers of Darkland County".Another King movie is getting the "Special Edition" treatment.On Oct. 2,a new Collector's Edition of "Misery" is coming from MGM Home Video through Fox Home Video.The disc will include a new audio commentary by director Rob Reiner and scripter William Goldman,plus additional behind-the-scenes material."1408" is also currently scheduled with the Oct. 2 date for DVD release.Eli Roth said that his adaptation of "Cell" is on hold.The script has yet to be completed and he is currently at work on a movie full of fake movie trailers.Roth hopes to enlist King's help in a cameo role when he finally gets around to making "Cell".King has another new book coming out,titled "Duma's Key",currently due to be released on Jan. 22,2008.

A couple of King updates

Duma Key,an upcoming novel from Mr. King will be on sale 01/22/08 in the U.S.
USA Network's series "The Dead Zone" has been cancelled after a six year run.I wonder if another network will eventually pick this series up.

Duma Key,an upcoming novel from Mr. King will be on sale 01/22/08 in the U.S.
USA Network's series "The Dead Zone" has been cancelled after a six year run.I wonder if another network will eventually pick this series up.

Anyone hear anything about the new novel? Thinking about buying the audible version, when I finish my current read.

But he stuff hasn't been as consistent in recent years. Cell was ok, but just ok.

I have read all of King's works, except Lisey's Story. I have it, have read maybe 200 pages and just can't get into it. I'm gonna buy the new one and try it. I hope it gets back to the Stephen I remember.

A new collection of King's short stories

It is now confirmed that Mr. King will be releasing a new collection of short stories.The title of the upcoming release is "Just Past Sunset".
Projected street date is Nov. 11,2008.
It is now available for pre-order from Amazon's site.US hardcover price from Amazon is $28,with free shipping.The book will be approx. 400 pages.Here is a list of the short stories I found that will be in this book.
The Gingerbread Man
Harvey's Dream
Rest Stop
Stationary Bike
The Things They Left Behind
Willa
Graduation Afternoon
N
The New York Times At Special Bargain Rates
Mute
Ayana
A Very Tight Place

More info is available at the following link.
Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2008]

According to King's official site,there may be one more short story added to this collection,but there is no mention of what the title of the story may be.

It is now confirmed that Mr. King will be releasing a new collection of short stories.The title of the upcoming release is "Just Past Sunset".
Projected street date is Nov. 11,2008.
It is now available for pre-order from Amazon's site.US hardcover price from Amazon is $28,with free shipping.The book will be approx. 400 pages.Here is a list of the short stories I found that will be in this book.
The Gingerbread Man
Harvey's Dream
Rest Stop
Stationary Bike
The Things They Left Behind
Willa
Graduation Afternoon
N
The New York Times At Special Bargain Rates
Mute
Ayana
A Very Tight Place

More info is available at the following link.
Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2008]

2nd series of Dark Tower comic books coming soon from Marvel Comics

The following information is directly from Mr. King's website.
Marvel Comics will offer a midnight release to celebrate launch of the second story arc of the comic book series inspired by Stephen King's Dark Tower.
Participating retailers will open at midnight (effectively 12:01 AM,dependant on what time zone you may be located in) on Wednesday,March 5,2008 to offer "Dark Tower:The Long Road Home" for sale to the public.The following link contains another link from Marvel Comics to see a list of participating retailers.It also contains a Spoiler Notice regarding the Dark Tower series,in particular Wizard & Glass.
The Dark Tower Midnight Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts