STEREO AM-1430 (WION) STREAMING UPDATES!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
AS OF THIS POSTING (SATURDAY 8/24/13 at 10:43AM)

Charter Business Internet is experiencing difficulties and has slowed enough to affect our ability to stream. We hope this is a temporary issue,
and will wait before calling service to see if it corrects itself. We apologize to our streaming fans, and hope to have stability restored soon.

Hoping the stream is UP and STRONG for the popular "Edwards' Archives show" coming at 11AM EDT!

We apologize for interruptions this Sunday afternoon. Charter's at it again on the "outgoing" stream
?to our upstream supplier which feeds you. We have nearly NO bandwidth leaving the station.

If this persists, we'll bug Charter. Tough to even post this note!

Attachments

• no upload 331pm sun oct 13.JPG
    no upload 331pm sun oct 13.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 144
  • poor upload speed 334pm oct 13.JPG
    poor upload speed 334pm oct 13.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 130
  • buffer clears error.JPG
    buffer clears error.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 150
  • upload test error.JPG
    upload test error.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Jim, Is there a local ISP you could trade out Ad's for a T1 or microwave link?

Not sure what your paying charter each month but you can get a T1 for $200-$230 a month yes its slower but it has a 4 hour SLA and its not a shared best effort service.

Oh, I wish there was. Our only option is a backup DSL and an automatic switchover when Charter fails.
Would require more sponsorships, as they will not trade, and it would be a service that quite honestly is
only needed during failures.

You see, they don't fail much, but when they do, (Charter) it's ALWAYS the same problem. And, I feel
as strongly about being reliable on the net (at least at our end) as I do about our 3 towers and our OTA
signal. It's a service to which people should not have interruptions.

In about a minute or 3 this message will post....
or...self destruct....not sure which...

?

We're monitoring the stream this afternoon.
It's "up" for now. Apologies to fans of Edwards' Archives show, just finished on behalf of Charter Communications.

Okay, I spoke too soon..but had the longest-ever intro to Rick Springfield's Affair of the Heart.....

As of 5PM, Charter has been notified of the erratic speeds, and started a trouble ticket with "priority" for us
so we hope to find the intermittent problem. We apologize for any interruption in your normal listening.
(or your abnormal listening, for that matter....)

film at 11......

Last edited:
Thanks!
As usual, and like the car that won't act up at the dealership, our 'net won't go "down' with a tech here.
Strange readings however this afternoon kept us from sending the Edwards Archives out!

I don't normally bother techs until a symptom persists over an hour, and it did.

"here comes the service bill"...says the radio owner....even though the history of this problem is on our files.

thanks for tuning in!

We're going to attempt to fit in the routine alignment of the AM stereo processor tonite, (October 25th) awhile after power down. Apologies in advance for any interruption in the stream. As we said before, it's ..ROUTINE STUFF....just gotta check and tweak....at the engineer's schedule. I have a GREAT engineering staff.

Again, apologies for the service interruption tonite.

Just signed off about 20 minutes ago for the night.

Although with that said, I am not sure how much better he can make it sound. :D There is not much room for improvement there as it sounds almost perfect now. :D

Processing work finished!

Scott the engineer worked his magic, scoped, and the audio boxes match (main and backup) and...
the AM stereo feed you hear has a darn nice pattern on the scope!

Now, on my list for Santa? a good price on some New Old stock AM Stereo processing I've found.
I'm patiently waiting for a price......

Attachments

• PA250453.JPG
    PA250453.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 166
  • PA250454.JPG
    PA250454.JPG
    579.7 KB · Views: 152
Our provider for the website player is having difficulties, but the stream is still up and running! You can use winamp or other current players by putting the following address in your "URL" or "address" field on the player, and you'll have audio right away! Internet radios and alternative players are not affected by this. Viastreaming is working on fixing their player.

The HQ stream: http://s2.viastreaming.net:6320/listen.pls

The bandwidth saver stream: http://s2.viastreaming.net:6345/listen.pls

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope the website player
is up again soon.

As of Sunday afternoon, the software that runs our online WION player at our site was fixed! It's loading quickly.
It is the opinion of one of our engineers it has something to do with Adobe, as the player is flash based.
(We're just GLAD to have it back.)
Don't forget there are other ways to tune-in online, Just visit our "listen" page for links and ideas!

If you're a regular listener to WION's stream and having difficulties today, try rebooting your device. To cut thru all the technical jargon, the DNS of our UPstream provider may need refreshing on the listener's end, and this is the easiest way to do it.

Thank you for listening to WION! We LOVE hearing from you, near and far!

On Saturday, our AM STEREO feed will be shut down temporarily for repairs of our center tower. (for the geeks out there, a "base insulator" is being replaced.) We expect that the AM will be down anywhere from 3 to 7 hours, beginning in the morning. LOCAL listeners may tune to FM 92-7 during this repair, and, (reluctantly, lol) We'll switch our internet feed to boring ol' FM for the duration so long distance listeners do not miss any of our weekend programming. Thanks for your understanding!

Our stream is up and running (as always) for Easter weekend with all the "good stuff"...and we're chasing down some equipment damage which seems to
affect our quality of sound at times. It's a long process finding what got "zapped" but, rest assured, your 'net stream of WION will be provided in as high quality
as possible while we search. Some of you may notice no change. Some may, depending on device used.

Thanks for listening! See our list of weekend features posted each week on this forum and our facebook page at /I1430

-jc

We, at WION spent the day working on improving the stream sound...by eliminating some factors that were working against us.
It's STILL a REAL AM STEREO stream, coming from a Carver TX-11A receiver, but with newer antenna, and a finer sound.
For those "radio geeks' who wonder if we add or modify our processing for this stream, NO. We simply block everything above
the frequencies AM radio is allowed to broadcast, and send it out EXACTLY like it's heard from the tuner!

We hope you find our stereo stream VERY enjoyable, and likely, the BEST SOUNDING AM you've ever heard!
Tune us in on the web via www.i1430.com or by going to Google Play or I-tunes, and searching for "WION"

We welcome your comments!
We thank you for listening!

thanks

well - I can't receive you via AM unfortunately which leaves i-net stream for me - so thanks for playing great music and doing fabulous shows with greetings from Munich/Bavaria , alec

Hey good to have you check in! WION has quite a number of listeners from Germany, but you are the first I know of to say hello! Welcome!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)