Stern to Sirius in 2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
earth
Stern announced on his show today that he signed a contract with Sirius starting in 2006. Luckely I have both XM and Sirius :D

I can verify.. I heard the announcment while on Talk Central a few hours ago.

When Stern's contract runs out, in 2006, they're jumping ship to Sirius.

This is good news for Sirius! I think this will give them the boost they desperately need.

Stern is a good move

satradguru said:
Any thoughts on whether the Stern deal will be too expensive and if this move will help close the gap with XM?

Stifel Nicolaus seems to think it is a good deal for Sirius and will take away subscribers from the other satrad provider.

Stifel Analysis

Wow this is big news, I just heard about this (didn't hear anything about this in the Bahamas)

I bet Stern will be FREE, XM made a BIG mistake by adding Opie and Anthony especialy at $1.99 a month extra.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow this is big news, I just heard about this (didn't hear anything about this in the Bahamas)

I bet Stern will be FREE, XM made a BIG mistake by adding Opie and Anthony especialy at $1.99 a month extra.

Stern is to have 3 channels on Sirius. One of them (definately not his radio show) will be a premium channel. Makes me think video streaming is coming due to Joe Clayton emphasis on NO premium channels except for video. We'll see.

I read that his show will not require a premium to get. It will be available with the standard subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts