Still Confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
Can someone please explain the requirements for getting the local HD channels? I am in the D/FW metroplex and i can receive the HD channels via an antenna. However, the signals come and go at will throughout the day. I cannot watch a single program without losing the signal at least once. Am I going to be screwed on getting them through D*? I think I average about 35-40 miles from most of the HD stations. Thanks :confused:

well the hd channels they have now are network and not local.

But currently how they are delivering them is through contracts with the networks. How they worked it out with the networks is you can get a network HD signal if:

You live in a network's O&O market. Or you recieve analog distants from your dbs provider.

BFG said:
You live in a network's O&O market. Or you recieve analog distants from your dbs provider.
Not real sure what you mean by O&O and analog distants. Can you explain?

Dallas/Ft. Worth's local FOX station, KDFW4, is an Owned and Operated (meaning FOX themselves owns the station, not an affiliate)

All you need to do is call Directv and have them turn on the FOX-HD channels for you that they supply. They will be NY and LA's Fox stations.

BTW, welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I practically grew up in Plano, actually a city 10 miles to the east. My dad lives in the west part of Plano.

Thanks! Will I be able to get the others (i.e. CBS & NBC)? I guess my best bet is to just call D* once I get the dish installed next Tuesday.

I remember you saying that at the X-Mas party. I have only been back for about 5 years after 20 years in the Air Force. I grew up in Euless

Both NBC and CBS stations are also owned and operated by their respective companies. ABC isn't in D/FW. It's owned by the Belo Corporation.

My wife and I are looking to move back to the DFW area next year after being away in IN for the last almost 3 years. Gotta find me a job first if possible. :(

In the DFW area you can get the three networks as Neutron posted all you have to do is subscribe to the local channels. ABC is the only network not available and it is also the only DFW station that uses VHF instead of UHF for broadcasting. A low cost UHF antenna will pickup all stations except CH 9 (8) digital. If you are having problems with signals in DFW area try using a good signal amplifier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)