still having problems setting up my motorised system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
This summer I bought a new sonicview 360 elite and a new motor, a dream star digipower sg-2100 motor. My Lat and Long are 45.63 and 76.88 . With Sat guys help a few years back I was able to set up my pansat 250sm motorized system. I wanted a new receiver and needed a new motor. The new motor has different angle on the mounting tube, so that was my first problem I searched and found a site through Sat guys that told me to set the dish elevation at 20 something degrees, well that put the dish was almost vertical so I don't trust this info. next problem - now and then when trying to set it up the receiver shows a message " network adapter doesn't connect " Whats that about ???
next problem - I set the motor to 0 degrees and pressed the reset button on the motor thinking that this would set the 0 as the reference. when I move the motor away from 0 then ask the receiver to send it back to the reference it goes past 0 by 5 degrees to the east whats wrong with this ? when I try to get the motor to travel to any satellite using usals the motor wont move. I can move it using the east and west move buttons on the receiver and buttons on the motor. I tried this with my old pansat and had no problem getting it to move to any satellite. sorry guys but this is really starting to frustrate me I am so close to looking for someone to set this up for me. I really don't understand the sonicview as to why it wont go to the selected satellites.
anyone have some thoughts on this ?

does no one have any thoughts why this motor wont return to 0 degrees?
what is a network adapter that doesn't connect ?
why wouldn't sonicview receiver move motor using usals?

Don't have that receiver so I won't be much help, that network thing is obviously something included in that box's software to connect to the internet, probably for nefarious reasons. I don't think you need it for free to air, and if there's any place in the menus to disable it, or turn it off, I would. What software version does the reciever have in it? Post the version number and maybe somebody who has the same receiver can tell you if its running factory files or hacker files. Or maybe they could say which version software works best. For the motor control problems, could be software related too. Have you set each satellite up to use USALS? On my receivers, or most of them , there is one place to pick USALS or Diseqc 1.2, but then you also have to set up each satellite you use one or the other. If you've done all that and it still work work right, try it out by the dish with a short coax to test it with. Disconnect the cable, from the rec, use motor buttons to zero it, then connect cable again and turn receiver back on, try calling a satellite then. Also be sure you have entered your lat/long info where it's supposed to be in the receiver menu, and that is showing WEST longitude, and NORTH latitude numbers for North America.

Mrite.

Someone once sent me a SV 360 Premier FTA receiver as a... Hmm, what would you call it?.....

"This unit is free for your use, please evaluate it and let others know how well it works."

Well, I did evaluate the Sonic View 360 (Premium) and I am letting you know that I think that it is major piece of junk. Motor control with USALS was absolutely useless. It drove the motor in the wrong directions, drove the motor home when it should have went to a satellite location, drove the motor to the incorrect satellite position, couldn't pick up or scan many FTA channels at all, but had all the DN and BEV satellites conveniently mapped properly.

Both my brother and I could not get this one receiver to work with a motor (and we worked on it separately over several weeks or months each). We never really figured it out completely.

You can develop your own estimation of the Sonic View brand, but I have a serious disregard and negative opinion about them. I don't think they were manufactured for the intent of FTA satellite use. My opinion is that their intentions were less ethical than we would want.

I won't give too much more elaboration on the SV equipment than that. I think you can make your own evaluation just fine.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)