Still no ESPNHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wmichsabre

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Still no ESPNHD - It's fixed! Thanks VOOM

Guys, I am trying to be patient with VOOM, but it has to end soon. I just had a service call today to try to get ESPNHD. As others have predicted, as soon as he saw the message on the screen, he wanted to call CSR so that they could hook me up.

Well, thanks to your advice and tech tips, I told him that there is probably a voltage loss from the STB to the receiver. :confused: What do you mean? I showed him the printout from the FAQ, so he tried to replace the diplexor. The one he brought with him didn't work at all. He also replaced the LNB. Still no ESPNHD. He suggested that I contact VOOM and tell them that a service manager must come out to my house. So now I am back to square one. For those who don't remember, here is the situation:

I have 2 receivers - one hooked up to an SD TV, the other to a Mitsu 55" (not capable of 720p). The SD gets 301, the Mitsu does not. The SD is a much longer run of cable. I have switched receivers. No dice.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I bypass the diplexer altogether and try a direct line from the STB to the receiver with the HDTV?

I am really trying to hang on to VOOM, but I have a lot of pressure to switch to D* or E*. I think VOOM has potential, but I am quite frusterated. :mad:

You may have tried this but just trying to help , did you set the Voom box to 1080i with the little red button under the flip lid on the front of the voom box. When I had voom I had to do that to get espnhd , I too have a Mitz.

Still no ESPNHD - Update

I am happy to announce that VOOM has fixed my problems. I am now a happy VOOM customer.

How about that PVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)