still no go... any reputable installers for fta motorized dishes in mid-Missouri???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mastermesh

Put the Quad back on. Its a standard LNB and easier to work with than a Universal when setting up. LNB LO is 10750 for the Quad

I know what you're saying witht he heat. It's suppose ot be 90 today and I really don't want to climb on my roof and swap LNB's...I think I'll wait until late tonight :)

The pictures that you posted several entries back show a dish that
appears to be physically pitched back 35 to 40 degrees from vertical.
You just stated that you are now at 45 degrees. Did you raise it higher in the sky from previous setting, and how did you measure 45 degrees?
With the motor I think think Motor's Angle is suppossed to be 51.5 or so degree Elevation Angle (that's for Latitude of about 38.5)... With Motor on, Dish's Angle is suppossed to be about 30-declination angle of 6.1, which is about 23.9 degrees...

Without Motor, I think the dish by itself is suppossed to be 45 degrees...

I'll put the invacom back on when I get around to going out there again later... too HOT right now. Might be Monday. The wife is off Sunday but has to work Monday. Monday, being a holiday, I'm off... Sunday we have plans to be with family.

As far as screen shots on the receiver go: http://free.hostultra.com/~articles/art/dish2/wounds.html (*warning - don't be grossed out... got a pic of my blistered leg there too...*)

Last edited:
mesh

down where it says "TP" don't use whats on the screen. That isnt active.

scroll until you find something like one of these
11710 V 14310
11865 V 3516
11904 V 5000

the 3 I posted are on 24/7 and will help you gain signal quality.

Yes with the motor off, the elevation for the dish is 45

will try one of those tps next time I get up on the roof. Thanks for the tips guys.

I can't say enough for doing dish alignment work AFTER dark. With the stars out, its nice... Down here in New Orleans, its even somewhat hot and muggy after dark, but at least you don't get sunburned...

I prefer moonlit nights, full moon is the best. You can see what you're doing, but there's no glare, and the monitor (TV set) is easy to read in the dark :)

EDIT: The neighbors might think you're crazy, but who cares!

I prefer moonlit nights, full moon is the best. You can see what you're doing, but there's no glare, and the monitor (TV set) is easy to read in the dark
so true....much easier to see the screen when it's dark out :)
I can see it from the roof (and the TV is on the deck one level down)

Its a bugger to do it during the day (even with the TV in the shade)

Thanks Berg!

You are the FTA God!!! :) Looking on the correct tp, I found the bird in less than 5 minutes!!! :) Now time to go see if I can't get that motor up and going after I mark the pole.

sweet :) Glad you got it with a fixed dish

Now make sure to mark on the mast where you were with the dish when adding the motor.

You probably jumped up and down when you saw signal quality

Got the motor on and it started thundering... more fun reserved for tomorrow night after work! :)

Yep.. did jump up and down. First time I've ever been excited about seeing anything from the IRS.. LOL

never was happier when I first saw Dr Gene Scott on that satellite (that was the transponder I had set for)

Just to be sure on the settings... Without the Motor, I got the signal easy at 45 degrees.

I think I'm at 38.973 Latitude, so with the motor, motor's latitude slider should be at 38 or 39 degrees, (closer to 39), and dish's slider should be at about 23.9 degrees?

Gonna try again tonight in a couple of hours (I'm still at work a couple more hours...)

the LATITUDE side of the motor should be 39. (there is a Latitude side & a elevation...you need a latitude side)

As Iceberg said one side should be at 39º same as you Lat. and the other will be at 51º thats the motor elevation :)

Dish will be at around 24º this angle can be changed slightly to maximise your signal quality, but the angle on the motor should never need touched!

Got it. Thanks. Got on the roof tonight and got the signal back. Yes, having that right tp helps a lot! Now, before I try looking through the rest of the arc... uh, is there anything special I have to do besides blind scan to save channels to get the reciever and motor to remember where exactly those channels are??? Would hate to start the arc and totally lose everything.... uh also, is it possible to pull in cnn??? (I'm thinking probably not?)... They have it listed here: http://www.lyngsat.com/ia6.html

If you are using USALS as long as you have your Lat. and Long. entered correctly you are ready to motor to the next satellite. If you are using DiSEqC 1.2 the satellite will have to be numbered and stored.

I would USALS to the next closest satellite, WELL DONE!

CNN is black right now (that channel comes and goes alot)

As PSB said, I would try the satellite next to it (G3 at 95.0 or G11 at 91.0) and make sure quality is good for those (G3 should be pretty strong)

are you using USALS or Diseqc 1.2?

If you're using 1.2, make sure to save it as a number (not null)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)