Still unable to get green light on DSR 905

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
SDAK
DSR 905 password

Hi everybody need some help trying to get a green light on this 905.
Would appreciate some help.
I have a DSR 905 (used) that has been sitting around for awhile?? a year or longer. Anyway I have this connected to a Uniden 4600 (IF is set to LNBF) per some of your previous posts. It is all connected t a 7 1/2 foot dish with a new Cband lnbf.
I made sure it is parked on G-1. And was getting channels 5,11, 12 with out any problems before connecting the DSR 905 and still do, if I switch to analog.

When I turn the 905 on, all the lights come , like it is suppose to.
When I go into setup, it wants a password, which I do NOT have.
I have NOT contacted anybody to activate it, because I am unable to get a green light on it.
It is parked on G1-3, showing a 20 for signal and about 90 on G1-11.

Not sure of the reason unless it is in the setup which I can not access without the password.
Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Hey thanks, that was the right number.

I could not see anything in there that might make it work better, did switch the lnb 90 degrees.
Will let it set overnight and see if it turns green.

Thanks again,
Bob

One other thing, is there away to do away with the password?
Hard enough to remember ones that I do need.

One other thing, is there away to do away with the password?
Hard enough to remember ones that I do need.

Try Options 6 4 5 "Change Installation Password"
Leave the new password blank and hit enter twice. That should clear the installation password.

OK, I tried that and it did not work. By doing the 6 4 5, I was not able to bring up the Change installation Password. I didn't have too much to to mess with it but tried 2 or 3 different times and combinations but was never able to see the Change password window.

Also after leaving this set all night, on G1-3, It was still red this morning, so I guess changing the password at this point is a pretty minor problem.
Any have any other ideas to make this cange to green?

Thaks, Bob

DSR 905

OK, I am shure the same window is there if I can just find it. Will keep playing with it.
Thanks, anyway,
Bob

Hi everybody, I need some help trying to get a green light on this 905.
Would appreciate any help.
I have a DSR 905 (used) that has been sitting around for awhile?? a year or longer. Anyway I have this connected to a Uniden 4600 (IF is set to LNBF) per some of your previous posts. It is all connected t a 7 1/2 foot dish with a new Cband lnbf.
I made sure it is parked on G-1. And was getting channels 5,11, 12 with out any problems before connecting the DSR 905 and still do, if I switch to analog.

When I turn the 905 on, all the lights come , like it is suppose to.
I have unplugged this and let it set overnight, left it over night on G1-3 but still nothing. The analog channels all come in good.
From some of the info when looking thru the setup it looks like the last time it was used or had access was 2006.
Would doing a master reset or whatever it is called , help? If so how would you do it?

I have NOT contacted anybody to activate it, because I am unable to get a green light on it.
It is parked on G1-3, showing a 20 for signal and quality 99.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

I've never owned or even seen a 905 in person. But, have you tried running the cband lnb cable directly to the 905. Also is there a option called "manual" tune. My 920 wouldn't lock g1 3 after a master reset unless i hit "manual tune" in the settings.

The analog picture you are getting, is it nice and clear with no sparklies?
Is your 905 set to control the polarity or is it strictly controlled by the old Uniden?
What ever channel you have left your Uniden receiver on when you were trying it before, try a channel of opposite polarity and leave the Uniden turned on. If you were on an odd numbered channel, leave it on an even numbered one and vice versa.

Some pictures of how it's hooked up would probably help too. Maybe there's something you are missing.

Oh, and don't bother calling to activate it without having the green light on, it won't work so you're doing the right thing there. :)

OK, thanks for the suggestions, let me explain a little more.
At the present I have this on a 7 1/2 ft. dish , that does not have a positioner on it.
It is pointed at 133 degrees, and set on tp-3.
I am trying to see if I can get the green light and if that happens then will probably switch it over to one of the other dishes and subscribe to some programing.
Pictures won't help because it is just a 7 1/2 dish with a c band lnbf ( i think 15 degrees).

thanks , bob

What I mean is the connections to the receiver inside. What I'm wondering is if the receiver is getting the correct polarity for tp3..........should be horizontal so tune the Uniden in to channel 5 (also horizontal pol.) and tell me if the picture you see (Classic Arts) is nice and clear or if it's got sparklies or snow in the picture.

the lnb is a lnbf, so I shouldn't need other wires, connections, just the RG-6?
no sparklies.
I have not tried anything using adjacent channels, yet. but will give it a try.

I am assuming that the 4600 receiver is switching between the horizontal and vertical because of picking up channel 11 and 12 without any problems.

Thanks, bob

no sparklies.

I am assuming that the 4600 receiver is switching between the horizontal and vertical because of picking up channel 11 and 12 without any problems.

Thanks, bob

Try the manual tune while sitting on g1 3. Its a hidden menu on my 920. To access it you press options 6,7,7,8. Then press enter after highlighting "manual tune frequency" and wait a few minutes and see if you get the green light. Again, i'm not sure if the 905 even has this feature and if it does it might have a different way of accessing it. But give it try anyways.

no sparklies.

Thanks, bob

That it correct, you only need the RG-6. I just wanted to confirm that you are getting a good signal on a horizontal transponder with the analog unit. Sounds like you are.

Do you have the 905 connected directly to the LNBF and the analog receiver slaved off of it or vice versa?

Here's another thought........when you area on channel 5 with the analog receiver, is it showing H or V polarity? If it's showing Vertical then it may be that the LNBF is 45° out. The 905 probably won't work that way.

OK, I tried the options, 6 is change system settings, tried pushing 7 nothing.
Hit options, 6 and it only goes to 4, witch is check system status. As soon as you hit 6 it goes to the window with four selections, 1 change viewing, 2 change audio,3 change installations settings and 4 check system.

Do you have the 905 connected directly to the LNBF and the analog receiver slaved off of it or vice versa?

YES THE LNBF is connected to the 905.

Here's another thought........when you area on channel 5 with the analog receiver, is it showing H or V polarity? If it's showing Vertical then it may be that the LNBF is 45° out. The 905 probably won't work that way.

NO on channel 5 it is showing H.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts