Stinking cable company LIES!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pacman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
SF Bay Area, CA
Got an email from my father-in-law. He is in the process of moving and has decided that now would be a good time to switch to Satellite TV. So he calls the cable company (Comcast) to cancel his service. They ask why and he explains about switching to satellite. The cable rep tells him that he used to work for a company that installed Direct TV systems and that it would be cheaper to stay with cable since you the dish install company has to come out once a year to "re-align" the dish, for $150!!!! :eek: So my father-in-law emails me, knowing that I have had Dish Network for over 7 years and asks me about it. I tell him that I have NEVER had to re-align a dish. Can you believe the lies the cable company tells people??? I know they don't want to loose customers, but this is just plain wrong! Anyone else ever hear of such a thing?? One more reason I am glad I do not have to deal with the cable company...

No, that doesn't surprise me, though technically since the tectonic plate we all sit on moves about 1cm per year or so in one direction or other it could be true depending on how far you want to reach with that. But yeah, for the most part it's a blatant lie. The dish isn't as sensitive to movement as cable companies would like you to think either.

I think that people are for the most part are a bit spooked by the "ultra-high-tech" that satellite seems to have. Funky looking spaceship like antennas? Getting signals from space? In orbit? "Normal" people don't like to think about such things, and cable companies know this so they will do anything they can to keep their customer base.

As for Comcast, click here for a message to them that I inscribed into my apartment pole-in-a-bucket dish mount. Apologes if that is inappropriate to this forum, which is why I linked it.

HAHA!!!!
funny.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)